No Weight Loss

Options
How is it possible for someone that's following the diet plan and be stagnant, not losing any weight for 4 weeks? No formal exercising, just daily activities. HELP!

Replies

• minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    get to working out..... your body is probably used to your routine
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to start exercising. Diet can't do everything!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Go to Settings > Diary Settings > Diary Sharing and change to public. MFP has a built-in "cushion" so if you follow the plan and stay under your calories you should lose. Of course, if you are not eating enough your body will go in starvation mode and that could stunt your weight loss. Overall, though, you should lose.

Have you tried cranking up your exercise, with something like 30DS?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I am also Aunt Sissy! Hi!!

Yes if you make your diary public people will be able to give you better feedback and suggestions.
  • alliebeck2
    Options
    If you're not losing weight, it means you're not creating an energy deficit. As you lose weight, your body requires fewer calories to sustain itself (it requires less energy for you to move around because you are composed of less mass). So, as you lose weight, you need to either up your activity, or lower your caloric intake in order to maintain an energy deficit that is necessary for weight loss.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I agree that exercise could help....at the same time, it could be because you have so little to lose. I know once I got down to the last 20, my weight loss slowed dramatically!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    get to working out..... your body is probably used to your routine
    Sounds like you need to start exercising. Diet can't do everything!

I agree. Just go for a long walk. I am willing to bet money you will start losing again.
  • TracyHooker
    Options
    Try walking or pilates? You need some kind of excercise.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]11174946.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    It is time to change things up - your body has gotten used to your routine. If you have done the same things for weeks, our bodies adjust that is why we have to keep it guessing. It happens to all of us. We all have hit a plateau a time or two. Add a different exercise, you could increas your calories to see if that helps, etc. I have increased my calories recently because I wasn't losing either and I am doing a different workout. Just don't give up!!!
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone has mentioned that you should exercise as well. It helps kick start your metabolism and will help you lose that weight!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    MFP isn't perfect and it estimates the number of calories you require, but everyone is different. You'll have to play with the number of calories you eat, or get some exercise in and see what happens then. good luck!