Fatigue and weight loss

Options
Hello,
I am 'new' again. I participated in an at work weight loss program and took time off from my fitness pal. That is over so I am back. I am 10 lbs away from my goal. does anyone else have to deal with fatigue? I average a weight loss of 2 or 3 lbs. Per month but am doing that despite some fatigue issues caused by an autoimmune issue (almost like rheumatoid arthritis but not exactly). Would love to hear from folks with similar challenges.

Have a great night.

(how do you get your weight loss ticker into your signature?)

Replies

• mslh84
    mslh84 Posts: 180
    Options
    Go to the Tools tab, then click on Weight Loss Tickers, or Get yours now...Under "What would you like to do?", Get the code for your ticker. Then go to the settings in the message boards...and add the url to your signature.
  • ccwise23
    Options
    I have Rheumatoid arthritis and polymyositis.....both are autoimmune diseases. My life I feel sometimes, is nothing but fatigue. I work full time, go to school part time so when I get home, all I want to do is sit or sleep. Fatigue is probably my biggest obstacle because not only does it make me not want to fix proper or better meals, I also don't want to exercise. between the occasional join pain and fatigue it is hard BUT I found out on Myfitnesspal, just about everything is in here as an exercise.....food prep is listed as an exercise....can you believe it !!!! but things like Wii bowling is an exercise. I have playstation bowling but the concept is the same so I do that for like 30 minutes and to make it more exercise, I don't sit down between my turn and my son's and I try to rock back on forth from one foot to the other, you know to stay in motion. my husband has another fitness game (or disc rather) for our playstation and that is Active 2. he set up just a 10-minute workout for me. it has some stretches and a little boxing cause i thought that would be fun. So I just do exercise in 10-15 minute spurts.
  • RmIIImc70
    RmIIImc70 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks. I think I just added my ticker.

CCwise23. Thanks for your message. I have Sjogrens syndrome and some form of gluten intolerance. My fatigue is better since going off gluten but everything still feels like such a big effort. I see my rheumatologist soon and we may talk about meds for the fatigue. good for you for figuring out the activities. I find that yoga helps me feel a bit more energized and I do lots of little 10 minute exercise videos. Anything more and I am wiped out. My weight loss has been slow. 19 lbs since last fall but it is how it is and I am so happy that I even do that!
  • margie723
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new to site and so glad I found someone else who has autoimmune issues. i know what you mean about fatigue - been having a rough time with it the past two weeks. I'm hoping I will find the support I need to keep losing weight. good luck to you. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Margie
  • margie723
    Options
    Hi,

I just read your post and wanted to reply. I also have fatigue isses with Sjogren's Syndrome and some days feel like I can't even move. I find it really hard to get motivated to exercise. I like your way of thinking. Small spurts of exercise whenever you can is better than nothing at all. I try to do 10 minutes on bike 3x day and then whatever else I can add. Some days I am so fatiged I want to get up and do more, but just can't. Is it ok to add you as a friend? I would like to talk again. Good health to you!

Margie
  • RmIIImc70
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for replying! I think it is nice to find folks that can relate. When I was doing WW at work, it was fun but no one else had the setbacks and bouts of fatigue that I do. My weight loss and fitness journey is very slow going. I am ok with that now although it took me a while to learn to be happy with it. I have also been very tired in the last few weeks. I see my dr this month. We will discuss meds to help with fatigue. I am nervous about that. We put it off because last year I discovered that I also have an issue with gluten. It was making me very sick. I am much better now but the sjogrens is still wiping me out so we probably won't put it off for much longer.

OK.. Got to track my dinner and then watch a movie with the kids.

be well!
  • becky31256
    Options
    :smile: HI! THIS IS MY FIRST DAY BUT I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY OWN FOR SEVERAL WEEKS TO CUT MYSELF BACK ON THINGS LIKE MY DR PEPPER, CHIPS AND PICANTE, AND SOME SWEETS LIKE CHOC AND DONUTS. I HAVE AN AUTO-IMMUNE ILLNESS, FIBROMYALGIA, THAT HAS TONS OF SYMPTOMS, THE WORST TO ME ARE PAIN, FATIGUE, LACK OF SLEEP, DEPRESSION, AND SO MANY MORE. THEN I ADDED MOVING IN WITH MY MOM TO HELP MY SPOUSE MORE TO CARE FOR HER AS HER CONDITION WORSENS. THIS ADDED MORE STRESS PLUS WE HAVE PETS THAT WE CAN'T BRING INTO HER HOME SO WE ARE KEEPING TWO HOMES BUT WE HAVE BEEN BLESSED AND SHE SEEMS TO BE HOLDING IN THERE. I HAVE LOTS TO KEEP ME BUSY SINCE EVERYTHING I DO FOR MYSELF I ALSO DO FOR MY MOM WHICH BEGINS WHEN SHE AWAKES. SOME NIGHTS IF I DON'T SLEEP THE DAY IS VERY HARD AND I EAT FOODS THAT COMFORT ME YET HARM ME I KNOW. I AM 56 YRS OLD AND THIS IS NOT EASY BY ANY MEANS BUT THE BEST I CAN SAY IS TO KEEP GOING AND IF YOU ONLY WALK DAILY OR DO HOUSEWORK YOU ARE BURNING. THE KEEPING BUSY HELPS TO KEEP AWAY FROM EATING AND I HAVE LEARNED OVER THE LAST 15YRS THAT UNFORTUNATELY FATIGUE WON'T KILL ME AND I WANT TO SAY BE STRONG AND PACE YOURSELF.
    HOPE YOU HANG IN THERE AND THINK OF ME WHEN YOU CAN.
    BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RmIIImc70
    Options
    Hi Becky,
    Things sound tough. I can relate quite a bit. It does help to set realistic goals and expectations. We have a lot to deal with.

My issues with Sjogrens and gluten intolerance/celiac came to light (and the weight all came on in a short time for mr) all at once while I was under intense stress caring for a toddler, infant and my rapidly declining parents plus working. It was intense.

It is very hard to limit calorie intake when fatigued. It totally makes me think am hungry. Just have to keep reminding myself that more food won't alleviate the fatigue. Sometimes I do better than others:-).

Can you take something to help you sleep?

thanks for posting here.