Diet Pills - Your use and results

Options
I'm not looking to start a thread about whether or not they are good for you , but on what anyones personal experience has been with them. Now we all know that the best way to drop the poundage is to eat right and excerise, but I have mild problems with both of those things. I have a hard time controling my apetite and I sometimes lack the energy to go exercise after work. That is where the pills have helped me in the past, they keep my hunger subsided between meals and keep me energized enough to hit the gym after work.

Last year I took Oxyelite pro and was able to stick on my diet and exercise plan well enough to lose 30 lbs in 3 months. I since let the diet and excercise go down hil and am back up 15. Mind you we are talking about a YEAR of poor diet and excerise habits, so I don't want to here any "See they don't work" comments.

Like I said I just wanted to start a thread on what YOU have used and what YOUR results were.

I'd also like to add that for anyone who has heart conditions or isn't at least moderately physically active I would not even consider taking them if I were you and that any one whos does decide to take anything discussed here be sure to drink plenty of water (I do about 1 gallon a day) and take a GOOD multivitamin. Otherwise the pills will dehydrate you and may leave your body of short nutrients.

Replies

• minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    diet pills are a lie ....sugar pills and great marketing yum!!!!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I have tried Hydroxycut. It had a lot of caffiene so gave me some energy but it was mostly shaky and only for a little while after I took the pill.

Mostly it just DESTROYED my skin. and I mean DESTROYED. It gave me the WORST breakouts. I would never recommend it to anyone.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I get better and cheaper results from coffee! If I need more energy, I drink more coffee. If I need less, then I drink less. I have a pretty good idea of what is contained in my coffee, while the diet pills are not regulated and have been shown to have toxic chemicals in some and lacking in some in what they claim to have in them.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I am currently trying BSN Atro-Phex. It's not a diet pill per say but it is a Thermogenic fat burner for people who are serious about their diet & exercise. I've only been using it 3 days and I am on 2 capsules twice a day, working up to 3 twice a day and I've lost 5 lbs since Sunday. I haven't had any negative side effects and I'm making sure to follow the directions on the product.

I have more energy during my workouts, sweating more and burned more calories per my HRM.
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    before mfp. I used a doctor prescripbed appetite suppresant. Any thing I lost came right back, when I stopped suppressing my appetite. I was MORE hungry than before the pills. I just could not stop binging. Would never do that again. Exercise is a good appetite suppressant now.
  • minapina
    Options
    i have tried Zantrex.. and it frikkin sucks!! it literattly makes my heart beat so fast, it gets scary.. and even after i stopped taking them for about a week I still have those frequent fast heart beats!! I have tried A LOT of pills.. but nothing works. Going to try a CLEANSE next.. I have before and it didn't do anything, but at that time I was eating/drinking really bad stuff.. so now that I'm moving towards eating better.. maybe it will work!!
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I tried phentermine last year. It gave me a nice quick loss, had to medicate to sleep(but no heart racing) and extreme dry mouth. As soon as I got off the pills(used them to jump start) the weight came back in a month! And now I can't get out of this three pound range. I lose and gain the same three darn pounds now!

Wish I had never set foot in that stupid clinic!
  • lfronczek
    lfronczek Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been using OxyElitePro for about five weeks now and I love it! It is the only diet pill that has ever worked for me and I've tried just about all of them over the years. I fit comfortably into my pre-pregnancy jeans again and I couldn't be happier!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely no expert or one of them there smart people....but, do you think it's possible that the lack of energy is from the types of foods you're eating? I know for me, personally, I can eat a *kitten* ton of carbs and still lose, but I'll feel like crap. I get crazy tired, my body starts hurting, I get moody, etc....but dang they're good! But when I kind of eat more proteins and fats and keep my carbs around 100-150g a day, I have more energy and just feel better all around. Everyone's body reacts to different things differently. Like I said, I'm definitely not an expert by any means. I'm still a new born, but it might maybe possibly be helpful to just kind of try to pay closer attention and take note of how you feel after you eat certain foods.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    I've tried just about every thermogenic out there. The ONLY ones I thought that were worth spit were the ECA's before ephedra was banned. Now most of the stuff out there is crap.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I've never taken them but my boyfriend used to. He didn't have a heart problem then but he does now. I don't remember what brand he took but he had a heart attack at 23 and now has to be on medication for the rest of his life.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I had success with Phentermine. Last summer, I made an appt with my doctor to get checked out, make sure there was nothing physiologically wrong to hinder my weight loss (thyroid, insulin resistance, etc.). I didn't know about prescription diet pills. I would never try an OTC one. She told me about Phentermine as an appetite suppressant and said she would only give me 3 month's worth as it can cause dependence. She also said I could cut the pills in half to take them longer. This worked well for me.

I had some side effects of insomnia and increased energy, but it really wasn't awful. Some people have had way worse side effects. It really helped kick start things. But she did warn me...if I didn't make lasting changes to my diet and activity levels, the weight would come back.

My weight loss DID slow down once I stopped taking them, but I've continued to lose. I also experienced no side effects when I stopped taking them. That's my story...
  • thebeadinggoddess
    Options
    I have tried different ones slimquick, green tea pills, ally, etc. Some are great for energy but they give me horrible side affects. My body doesnt do well with any pills in general. As far as weight loss and curbing my appetite, no they didnt do either I actually gained weight when i tried the slim fast diet too.

I suggest if you are looking for energy to try the 5 hour energy drink. It gives me the jitters too but not as bad as the diet pills. But ONLY if you are healthy enough. You should really talk to your doctor first!!!

I hate excersising but that is really going to be your best option. Of course this is my opinion I am not a doctor, but trust me about the diet pills they cause more harm with no good! vomiting and diarrhea, plus jitters and migranes are NOT a fun combo!!!!!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    ephedra is really the only one that is going to boost ur metabolism enough.

Look into the EC stack. Youll have to google.
    Use bronchaid as your ephedra source.

I used controlled labs REDuction and liked it. Nice energy throughout the day, with appetite supression. Slept well at night.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I got some results with Capsiplex, which contains capsicum from chilli peppers, but I thought they were just an exercise aid at first (it says on front to take 30-60mins before exercise) and didn't realise I was meant to take it on non-exercise days too, so was only taking them 2-3 days a week before my early morning workout. Usually I struggled to manage half an hour and never sweat and with these I could keep going for 2 hours and sweated loads. I was also hotter all day and got a 'prickly heat' sensation on skin particuarly around top/back of shoulders and neck. I didn't feel they were doing much on the non-exercise days though as I only got that sensation when I exercised after taking them.

As I have injury and can't exercise for a week-10 days I decided to try some 10 day diet pills I saw on eBay.. I'm only on day one so can't really say.. I'll get back to you after 10 days! I'm just kind of hoping they will stop me piling too much weight on until I can get back to doing 2 hour routines at 5am again!... and will be using the capsiplex to help me exercise for longer once I can exercise again.

I tried the acai berry and colon cleanse but it left me constipated.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I took Phentermine, I lost weight fast, I got off phentermine and I kept my determination and good habits I formed going and I'm still losing.

No offense to those that were on Phentermine and then quit it and said that the weight came off but it sounds like you didn't do the #1 thing you were supposed to do while on the Phentermine... Create good habits. That was preached pretty hard by my Dr. that Phentermine isn't a miracle drug, if helps you create those good habits and gives you a jump start on it. I've been off Phentermine a couple months and I'm actually losing more per week now then I did on the tail end of my 2.5 month Phentermine diet. The pill is a tool nothing more, if you use it as an answer it will fail you in the end.
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    I've taken prescription Adipex-P (Phentermine) several times over the years, and always lost tons of weight. But when I stopped taking it, the weight always came back + more. Now that I've been actually putting some effort into this weight loss thing, the weight is coming off slowly but surely, but more importantly, I don't feel like a monster about to rip someones face off everyday and I don't worry about the crash. I do miss the energy, and I can't ever seem to get enough, but I'd rather wait it out and see if when my babies sleep all night it will come back. No more weight loss bull**** drugs for me.
  • sailed2japan
    sailed2japan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love how half the replies are already not a discussion of the matter at hand, I should have known this is exactly how the thread would go. Oh, well.

I agree on the hydroxy cut, just gets you all cranked up. I took it many moons ago when it had ephedra in it, but thanks the the FDA we can't have that anymore. Ripped fuel is the same, was good, now sucks.

Make sure That 5 lbs isn't water weight, you really need to watch it or you can easily get dehydrated on "thermogenic fat burners," I just call them diet pills, less typing.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about trying Brazilian Tree Frog venom... its just so hard to find stateside.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My ex boyfriend took ephedra for a while. He lost almost 90 lbs on it, but as soon as it was banned, he gained it all back and now has some serious heart problems. He's only 32.