Getting fit with Insanity! Looking for motivation

Options
Hey everyone-

I'm looking to add friends for motivation. My current routine is insanity which I do 6x/week and swap some days for running outside. I am a wife and a mother to a 2 yr/old Son. I work full time and go to school, so i'm excited to share triumphs and challenges with others! I love logging in to MFP in the morning and getting motivation from others' success for the day.

-Britney

536289.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone-

I'm looking to add friends for motivation. My current routine is insanity which I do 6x/week and swap some days for running outside. I am a wife and a mother to a 2 yr/old Son. I work full time and go to school, so i'm excited to share triumphs and challenges with others! I love logging in to MFP in the morning and getting motivation from others' success for the day.

-Britney

Good luck with Insanity, if you have any questions please let me know. I am currently on Week 1 Day 5 of my 2nd round.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Starting month #2 (the real Insanity) on Monday...over half way done...first round. Hardest workout I have ever done in my life...
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    Hi I am on week 3 of INSANITY!!! I love it!! Feel free to add me if you want!:smile:
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    I'm on my last week of Insanity after tomorrow! It's a great workout! So far I'm down 12 pounds and 3 inches off my waist. My pants are finally getting too big, I don't have the "muffin top" and I feel so much better!! You will love Insanity! Lots of luck, I want to hear your progress as you go!

"I'm not trying to hurt you, I'm only trying to make you better"
    "Dig Deeper"
    "Keep your core tight"
    "It's very, very important"
    -just a few of my favorite Shaun T isms... :laugh:
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I'm on my last week of Insanity after tomorrow! It's a great workout! So far I'm down 12 pounds and 3 inches off my waist. My pants are finally getting too big, I don't have the "muffin top" and I feel so much better!! You will love Insanity! Lots of luck, I want to hear your progress as you go!

"Dig Deeper"
    "Keep your core tight"

My favorite is "This *kitten* is bananas yo!"
  • brit024
    brit024 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on day 11! Looking forward to seeing your success!
  • brit024
    Options
    Starting month #2 (the real Insanity) on Monday...over half way done...first round. Hardest workout I have ever done in my life...

I LOVE this!! SO TRUE!!! Insanity gets really good in month two...and longer :-) DIG DEEPER!!!
  • brit024
    Options

"Dig Deeper"
    "Keep your core tight"

AWESOME success!!! It did wonderful things for my body the first time around...unfortunatly I was REALLY lazy after I stopped insanity....Make your achievements last!! keep working!
  • ear11ette
    ear11ette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all I just joined myfitnesspal and I love it. I saw a lot of your insipring posts and wanted to know what Insanity is?
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Hi all I just joined myfitnesspal and I love it. I saw a lot of your insipring posts and wanted to know what Insanity is?

Insanity is at at home work out program by Shaun T and Beachbody. Makers of P90X.
  • eew85
    eew85 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey Insanity people! I got a question... I just gave birth to my son six weeks ago. I used to be in really awesome shape- lifting free weights every day and doing at least an hour of some kind of hard core cardio before I got pregnant. However, during my first month of pregnancy I hurt myself going a little too gung-ho on the squats...I pulled my sciatica and couidn't do anything for awhile. Then I found out I was pregnant and quit my 12-year cigarette habit. I was also vegan but all i could stomach during the first trimester was bread/ cheese so NOW I am paying for it.... 100 lbs heavier than 10 months ago. So, point is- should I try Insanity or hold off. And if I should wait, anyone wanna suggest some other beachbody material and the maybe a plan as to how many weeks etc. till I can move on to Insanity? Thanks!
  • SraM562
    SraM562 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im on month one week 3...crazy how this is the only program that has made me sweat so much...DIG DEEPER!!
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    I have lost 2 pounds and 3.5 inches, ALL in 3 weeks!!!! my fav is "COME ON YA'LL LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :smile: That ALWAYS gets me PUMPED!!!!!!!
  • eew85
    eew85 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey Insanity people! I got a question... I just gave birth to my son six weeks ago. I used to be in really awesome shape- lifting free weights every day and doing at least an hour of some kind of hard core cardio before I got pregnant. However, during my first month of pregnancy I hurt myself going a little too gung-ho on the squats...I pulled my sciatica and couidn't do anything for awhile. Then I found out I was pregnant and quit my 12-year cigarette habit. I was also vegan but all i could stomach during the first trimester was bread/ cheese so NOW I am paying for it.... 100 lbs heavier than 10 months ago. So, point is- should I try Insanity or hold off. And if I should wait, anyone wanna suggest some other beachbody material and the maybe a plan as to how many weeks etc. till I can move on to Insanity? Thanks!

My first question would be how is your sciatica-- there is a lot of squats, lunges, jumps and other stuff that might bother you.

If it is fine, there is a lot of debate about whether you should be in decent shape before you start. I think it is doable if you use common sense and stop often if you need to, modify the moves you have to, and if you are motivated and do not discourage easilyy. I think the main reason it is difficult to get back to or start finess on insantiy is because it can be very discouraging as it is very hard and some might think "oh I can't do this". If you do as much as you can each time, and are comfortable with that and won't get down on yourself.. I say go nuts and enjoy! It is a wonderful journey.

As to other products-- BB has a lot, but I haven't tried their other cardio stuff. I liked p90x and will do it again (but the cardio is lacking for people seeking primarily weight loss), I use the half hour power hour all the time when I just want a quick workour (30 mins of body weight/ligh weight resistance) but has little cardio too.

My sciatica has been great for months- and even better now that my son is out! Thanks for the suggestions- I'm going to start out with something a little less "insane" until I feel I'm starting to get back in some semblance of shape. Thanks again!