220 days in, 56lbs lost so far, and an idea for an MFP conve

Options
PantalaNagaPampa
PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
Hi all,

Today is mty 220th day on MFP, and I know for some that is a drop in the bucket, but I have to say that outside of my time in the army, this is the longest I have gon on a structured program with commitment and dedication. It was easy in the Army, I didn't have a choice. Now I do and I choose to be healthy and share that journey with all of you. So thanks for the support.

Also, I don't know if anyone has ever suggested this bu, I think Mike needs to set up some kind of Annual MFP meet and greet in San Fran for all of us to come together. Like a 2 day convention for healthy lifestyles with speakers and nutritionist, success stories and it can all be sponsored by different health corporations, polar, kashi, whole foods, labrada and so on. I think we need to petition for this. What a blast it would be to meet all of you in person.

~Shawn

Sorry if this isn't in the best forum to post in just trying to reach as many people as possible and more people spend time in Chit Chat, then anywhere else.

Replies

• djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a Fantastic idea!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea! MFP has helped so many people achieve their goals that it would be fantastic for all these people to share their experiences in person to a larger group. And of course, to have the opportunity to meet some of us in MFP community in person.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan to me!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I think that would be pretty awesometastic! But all of that cost money. Though I bet there are plenty of MFPers who would donate to help pull off a party like that.
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss That is an awesome achievement!! I do soo like the structure that MFP has given to my life, it is so easy to logon and take care of your food and exercise and find some awesome encouragement along the way!!

That would be cool if we all could get together once a year at an MFP Convention!! Maybe middle of the country for those of us who live a little ways from San Francisco!! Although that would be fun to go to California too!!

I too am:
    Joyful in the Journey!
    song2sing
  • prettytoxic
    prettytoxic Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well done on your loss, that's really great.
    You r idea is cool too but not so much for people like me in the UK =/
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    <--votes for an MFP convention!
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    great idea. BUMP BUMP BUMP!
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Can we see if Dave Matthews will provide the entertainment?

You know I'm in either way!
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

See, now this is a party coming together.. most of us in CONUS could fly to SFO for a couple hundred bucks... We get a convention rate at local hotel for a block of rooms... we take in all the Primal, whole foods, vegetarian, vegan, healthy lifestyle that is offered in SF and Berkley.. just up the road.. and we could have a couple cool seminars on organics, protein etc etc... and party like rock-stars...

spring or summer of 2012.. c'mon.. let's do this... and as much as I would love to see Dave play, I doubt we could afford it.... remember I said lots of sponsors.. think of all the health food and sports companies that may be willing to donate for such a convention seeing how large MFP has grown.

MIKE.. are you reading this?
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options

See, now this is a party coming together.. most of us in CONUS could fly to SFO for a couple hundred bucks... We get a convention rate at local hotel for a block of rooms... we take in all the Primal, whole foods, vegetarian, vegan, healthy lifestyle that is offered in SF and Berkley.. just up the road.. and we could have a couple cool seminars on organics, protein etc etc... and party like rock-stars...

spring or summer of 2012.. c'mon.. let's do this... and as much as I would love to see Dave play, I doubt we could afford it.... remember I said lots of sponsors.. think of all the health food and sports companies that may be willing to donate for such a convention seeing how large MFP has grown.

MIKE.. are you reading this?

This would be an awesome idea, but living in Australia I'd need a little time to save for all the costs,lol.
    It would be a great holiday destination :bigsmile:
    And congrats on your weight loss, you're rocking it :drinker:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Meeting others from here IRL?

funny-pictures-cat-and-dog-have-awkward-meeting.jpg