Stopped loosing?

Options
Need help Please...I started my diet on September 10 2011 to date I am down 12 lbs..Have been that way for a 7 days now with no lose? Any suggestions? Thanks so much...:sad:

Replies

• lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    oh my!

I started just 4 days before you and I am in the same boat!!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    losing 12 pounds in a month is awesome. sometimes our bodies need time to adjust. you won't always lose weight even if you are doing the same things. also, at times, its good to change up either your nutrition plan or exercise plan so your body can't get comfortable with what you are doing.
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Its only a week staying the same, your body sometimes holds water to replace the fat cells that have suddenly diappeared, so until your body starts to distribute the cells you have lost differently, you are still losing fat, just building muscle mass that needs more water etc to adjust to its new place! Add an extra exercise in your week, or a few mnutes more cardio... Check your sodium levels too, that can sendyou out of whack!
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It happens around the 3rd week or so. Maybe change things up so the body isnt just settling for the same old routine and foods. Remember a lot of the first 2 weeks are water we lose. It will be ok DO NOT get discouraged keep up the fight.
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    try spiking your calories for a day (or two max), then go back to your normal calorie count................
  • lewisnewal
    Options
    My friend said her coach told her to squeeze a lemon and put pulp and all in the bottom of her water glass and leave it there and keep refilling it and drinking. She said it breaks a plateau.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Not to be a jerk, but the gerund of lose is losing. Which you will start doing again soon.
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    try spiking your calories for a day (or two max), then go back to your normal calorie count................

My thoughts exactly!
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My friend said her coach told her to squeeze a lemon and put pulp and all in the bottom of her water glass and leave it there and keep refilling it and drinking. She said it breaks a plateau.

May just have to try this when I hit my plateau!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You lost half of your intended weight loss in about a month? ???

That's great! Don't worry about a slight stall in losses.
  • lashawnaroe
    Options
    Hi, Can you provide a quick description of your eating and fitness plan so that I have a better idea of how to suggest kicking up the weight loss again? Looking forward to assisting you!!

Lashawna Roe
  • deebumpus
    Options
    So True..I focus on Calories, I eat 1200-1300 a day but I need to prob change to more protein and veggies...Im a big snacker and do like baked chips and rasberrys for sweets..Also i found skinny cow snacks (peanut butter bars) AWESOME...I still stay under 1200 -1300 But maybe i should cut the skinny cow stiff out? LOL
  • deebumpus
    Options
    I really eat the same things...
    In the am Special K breakfast bar..90 cal
    Lunch is a salad or cheese and meat for the protein
    Dinner is chick, steamers sometimes beef and a small potatoe..Im a chicken eater Allways grilled.
    Snacks I do 1 skinny cow peanut butter bar
    2 cups of either fresh strawberrys or raspberries and fat free coolwhip..
    I have had blood work done cause i gained 30 lbs in less then a year, but all was ok there? No problems>
    Im sure age has tones to do with it...
    I very rarely eat more then 1200 cal in a day so om confused to why this is so slow? Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks so much!