Salad Dressing

Options
Any suggestions for low cal/low fat salad dressings? I love salad and I love my salad to swim in dressing. Yep, this is one reason why I need to be on a diet. lol

Replies

• kayemac
    kayemac Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in love with salads over the past few months. My favorites are Ken's Raspberry Vingarette (except I buy the cheapo Walmart brand when I can to save $) and Ken's Lite Honey Mustard. I keep others around, too, like the Walden Farms Bacon Ranch and Thousand Islands, so that I have a variety if I want it.

I too love a large amount of dressing. Putting it on the side helps a little with this, to ensure that I get some dressing on each bite. I also know that I have to measure it on a fairly regular basis, or my "teaspoons" will start to grow. ;)
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger and Kraft's Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan are awesome. And I agree with kayemac on the Ken's Raspberry Vingarette.
  • bluesstarz
    bluesstarz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem. I measure out my dressing today and I had about 4 tablespoons. It was ridiculous and I know I need to find something healthier and not so much of it.
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    basalmic vinegar.......that is all i eat on mine at times with a splash of olive oil....
  • bear429
    Options
    I LOVE Kraft Roasted Red Pepper Italian. It has a really strong (but delicious) flavor so I generally use less than with other dressings and it's only aout 40 cal per serving.
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I second Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger rocks. Or I make my own with some red wine vinegar and some EVOO, spices to taste. Comes out different everytime, but it's tasty and you don't need a lot
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Peppercorn Ranch. 2 Tablespoons are 40 calories (I think). Also, you can take creamy salad dressings and thin them down with skim milk. Sounds crazy but it works on dressings like ranch and blue cheese and stretches the calories.
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Learn to love Balsamic Vinegar.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    In stead of salad dressing I add either: lemon juice, a couple teaspoons Parmesan cheese or 3 Tablespoons of blue cheese crumbles.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Salsa!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Ranch is my favorite. Maybe you could put some in the corner and dip your lettuce in it. Either that or measure out how many tablespoons you can have and no more.
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just created this yummy dressing. Only 28 calories for 2 TB!

http://stylethatfood.com/?p=655
  • tatauu2
    tatauu2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That dressing recipe looks yummy. Going to have to try it