New user as of TODAY :)

Options
Helllooo MFP :) how is everyone in this lovely community. I am a new user to the site. My goal weight is currently 105-110 pounds and im weighing in at 155-158 around there. I just burned 1233 calories today from exercise and have consumed a total of 1295. Does anyone have any advice to a new user?

Replies

• briannalynne
    Options
    Helllooo MFP :) how is everyone in this lovely community. I am a new user to the site. My goal weight is currently 105-110 pounds and im weighing in at 155-158 around there. I just burned 1233 calories today from exercise and have consumed a total of 1295. Does anyone have any advice to a new user?
  • Chelso
    Chelso Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes.. briannalynne i do..... just ry to stay away from unhealthy foods (lunchables lol :P) and make sure you weigh everything!!! lmao :P do you like the site so far?
  • briannalynne
    Options
    LOL chelsie, i know i know geez. YES I DO TO BE HONEST. its giving me a whole different perspective on things and i hope to reach my goal. I was informed when i finished clicking the "Done Logging" button it said : If every day were like today... You'd weigh 135.3 lbs in 5 weeks. :) lmfao
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hey Brianna!!

Welcome!! You will LOVe it here, everyone is so helpful and has great advice and full of motivation!!

Good Luck!
  • briannalynne
    Options
    Heey!
    thank you for the kind words, and i really DO love the site already, im looking forward to my time on this site and my experiences with people.

Good luck with reaching your goals :)
  • uchuhikoshi
    Options
    Make sure to drink lots of water. Last week, I was downing the Diet Dr Peppers like crazy and actually went up and was exercising like crazy. Water is suppose to increase your metabolism. Good luck!
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    What did you do to burn that many cals?
  • briannalynne
    Options
    Thank you, im a very HEAVY water drinker. i'll be sure to do that.

and Sonia, i jogged around my whole city for 2 hours :) Also i had done some walking at a moderate pace earlier today for 30minutes.
  • sonia2
    Options
    wow, i'm impressed!! Doing my first 5k tomorrow! I would love to do that if I could get away from my 3 kiddos for that long.
  • briannalynne
    Options
    Thank you. This was my first time in awhile taking on a big exercise task like this, i think i did alright if you minus the slight leg pains when i got home. hahah :)
    Ohhh! Good luck on the 5k! :) 3 kids, that must be a handful.
  • sonia2
    Options
    COMPLETELY and 24/7!!! Ages 8, 2, and 3months!!
  • briannalynne
    Options
    Oh SNAP. They get worse once they get older. I have to younger sisters, 10 years old. IDENTICAL TWINS. Oh geez they are HORRIBLE!
    Good luck with the kids! <3
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Congratulations on your choice to better your life!

Eat well, and track your calories, weigh yourself weekly (although I admit--I weigh daily! :embarassed: ) and measure, measure, MEASURE your body parts!

If you like to read inspiring blogs, take a look at mine :wink: located here at MFP (the address is in my signature).

Friend me, if you like. :smile: I am always here to listen and support! :flowerforyou:

~Amy~
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP. You will love it here. This is a great site. It is so supportive, helpful, and motivational. Everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • briannalynne
    Options
    Hey Laura, thank you for the kind words! And thank you for your support. !
  • saramommy
    Options
    New today! Started at 200 pounds. Today I'm 170, my goal is 125. Looking for accountability and motivation!!!