Horrendous Torture

Options
ElementalMoe
ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
My gym constantly has "The Food Network" on the big screen TVs. Personally, I can't think of anything more painful than working out whilst hungry, and watching other people getting to eat delicious food. . .

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Most of the food I eat is made by me so channels like the Food Network are just a glance. Can't you workout on a different machine that's not sitting in front of it?
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i like watching those shows because i laugh at how many calories they are sitting around eating, and i think about how i am burning them off and eating healthy and right<3
  • ElementalMoe
    Options
    All of the machines are in front of it. They're about 6' x 8' wide screens hanging from the ceiling. I work out at the very front, right by the window, so it's not totally in my face. If I was further back, there would be no escaping it.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Can't you change the channel?

Whenever I go to the gym, most people are watching the Food Network too, but I always just march up to the front desk, demand the remote, and pick what *I* want to watch. After all, I'm the one paying for the membership, so they should be making me comfortable and happy!

I love working out to X-Weighted, Biggest Loser, You Are What You Eat, Super Size vs. Super Skinny...and of course The Simpsons.
    hehehehehe!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    :tongue: When I'm on the treadmill or elliptical at home, I watch Food Network. My boyfriend thinks it's the weirdest thing ever. I have the volume muted cause I'm listening to my iPod but I love this channel. One things for sure, Paula Deen cooks nothing that is low in calories!!!!
  • ElementalMoe
    Options
    I hate TV in general (Yeah - I'm weird). . . So I usually just crank my iPod and do my best to ignore the food.
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    That is awful! I would go with the change the channel thing but failing that I just listen to my music and go into myo wn little world!! I'm loving it at my gym at the mo as their Sky TV is broken so no MTV Base! just a CD on random that is way quieter than the TV!!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    that would definately suck during a cut.

i watch man vs food pretty often when I'm bulking.
    motivation to eat more.

food shows are a big no-no when I'm cutting down.