Just got my eBay wedding dress!

Options
Hi All,

I am ecstatic because I just got my wedding dress! One of the biggest reasons I am changing my lifestyle with the help of MFP is to look and feel my best at my wedding. I am definitely not one of those brides that is trying to fit into a certain size dress or hoping to lose a ton of weight and alter a dress or anything, though.

Anyway, I ordered my wedding dress on eBay. So sketchy, I know. I was skeptical and basically anxious for it since I ordered it about 6 weeks ago. It arrived in the mail today! (It's so weird to say that about a dress). I was so worried it wouldn't fit right or would be a piece of crap. But for the money I paid (which was very little), this dress is definitely worth it.

The way I see it, I am only wearing this dress for a few hours for one day. So if it's not amazing quality, oh well. It's good enough for me.

Here's the designer dress it was based on: 123133.jpg?t=1312866900

123134.jpg?t=1312866901

My dress is in the links below.

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    super cute!! Blessings to you both on your special day!
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I can't see the picture of your dress. :( But I love the designer's photos, it looks beautiful. I helped a friend get her wedding dress on ebay and it turned out really beautifully. As long as you're very cautious and realistic when you order a wedding dress on ebay you should be fine.
  • Granny1227
    Options
    You look great!!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I cant see your dress :( The pic I can see tho is stunning!
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    wow
    enjoy your wedding day!
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Beautiful dress! You look great and your waist is TEENY!
  • QueenCat25
    Options
    Ahh its beautiful!
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It's so cute! :flowerforyou:
  • melissabee31
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Obviously my dress is not the exact dress in the designer pictures. But it's still a very cute version of the dress. Surprisingly, I think I need it taken in. I gave the dress maker my measurements, but that was about two pounds ago. Haha. But I have 8 months to get it to fit perfectly :)
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Wow that is sooo pretty! And I think it's a pretty good version of the designer's dress. If you want the skirt puffier you can always buy a crinoline.
  • melissabee31
    Options
    Beautiful dress! You look great and your waist is TEENY!

Haha thanks! The dress is tightest at the smallest part of my waist, making it seem tiny, so it's really flattering.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! looooooveeeee it! <3 Congrats!
  • melissabee31
    Options
    Wow that is sooo pretty! And I think it's a pretty good version of the designer's dress. If you want the skirt puffier you can always buy a crinoline.

Yeah, I'm going to get something like that or a peticoat to poof it up a bit more. It doesn't lay that great without anything under it. I also really need a bustier or something to get some oomph!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    The links work though.

love it! You're going to be a beautiful bride!
  • melissabee31
    Options
    Oh my gosh! looooooveeeee it! <3 Congrats!

Thank you so much!

Thanks for looking everyone!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    i can't see the pics either (photobucket is blocked from work), but that's a smart idea!

I got married two years ago, and took my dress to a resale shop (beleive it or not, at their advice, I washed it in the washing machine...beading and all). I made back almost half what I for it new...and my beautiful dress got to dance again and make another bride happy!!

BTW..Congratulations and best of luck on your big day!
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    It's gorgeous! You'll be a beautiful bride!
  • jennadaniele
    jennadaniele Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So so cute!!

Hi All,

I am ecstatic because I just got my wedding dress! One of the biggest reasons I am changing my lifestyle with the help of MFP is to look and feel my best at my wedding. I am definitely not one of those brides that is trying to fit into a certain size dress or hoping to lose a ton of weight and alter a dress or anything, though.

Anyway, I ordered my wedding dress on eBay. So sketchy, I know. I was skeptical and basically anxious for it since I ordered it about 6 weeks ago. It arrived in the mail today! (It's so weird to say that about a dress). I was so worried it wouldn't fit right or would be a piece of crap. But for the money I paid (which was very little), this dress is definitely worth it.

The way I see it, I am only wearing this dress for a few hours for one day. So if it's not amazing quality, oh well. It's good enough for me.

Here's the designer dress it was based on: 123133.jpg?t=1312866900

123134.jpg?t=1312866901

My dress is in the links below.
  • melissabee31
    Options
    i can't see the pics either (photobucket is blocked from work), but that's a smart idea!

I got married two years ago, and took my dress to a resale shop (beleive it or not, at their advice, I washed it in the washing machine...beading and all). I made back almost half what I for it new...and my beautiful dress got to dance again and make another bride happy!!

BTW..Congratulations and best of luck on your big day!

That's really cool. My fiance wants me to try and sell it after the wedding for more than we paid, which I think i could easily do. However, I am not selling my wedding dress if you paid me! lol