Tam Tastic.....Hummus Questions Please???????

Options
:flowerforyou: Hello Tam Tastic......It is always nice to read your posts. Please....Please ...give me as many of your favorite Hummus recipes as you can. It is not the same to "gooogle it " as it is to get it from another that :heart: loves it so much !!! :heart: . Thanks for your time and info. neome90.

Replies

• neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello Tam Tastic......It is always nice to read your posts. Please....Please ...give me as many of your favorite Hummus recipes as you can. It is not the same to "gooogle it " as it is to get it from another that :heart: loves it so much !!! :heart: . Thanks for your time and info. neome90.
  • neome90
    Options
    :smile: oh ..I apologize... this was not meant for Tam Tastic alone...but any - one that might love hummus as much as she.....so if you do ..........Please S.O.S . . Thank you ...:flowerforyou: neome90.
  • neome90
    Options
    :heart: Hey where is the ":heart: " heart of my fellow MFP'ers? Apperantly this is is just directed to ANY M fp'ers that would be kind enough to respond :flowerforyou: thank you for your kindness :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Here's the one I make the most often & do different variations to it like add roasted red pepper, more garlic, extra lemon, etc..

http://caloriecount.about.com/classic-hummus-recipe-r165895

HTH! :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    :heart: Hey where is the ":heart: " heart of my fellow MFP'ers? Apperantly this is is just directed to ANY M fp'ers that would be kind enough to respond :flowerforyou: thank you for your kindness :flowerforyou:

Oh, and please realize that you were posting in the middle of the night EST, central time, mountain time, and pretty-darn-late-at-night pacific time zone. If no one responds to you right away during that hour it is b/c most of us are sleeping. :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    *runs in.........rubbing eyes...............*yawning*........:ohwell: sorry, was sleeping!

I'm here!! I'm here!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, I have to admit that I haven't tried to make it yet. I love to cook but haven't made my own hummus so far. That is something I should try soon! I do love it that much!! :blushing:

My favorite hummus is the Joseph's brand roasted red pepper.

I also like a chipotle pepper flavor I found at Trader Joe's! Delicious!

:drinker: to my fellow hummus lovers!!!

:heart:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I usually cut this recipe in half because I'm the only one that eats it here. My favorite is switching out the garlic for roasted garlic. The flavor is so good with the roasted garlic.
    Hummus Recipe

Ingredients

* 4 garlic cloves, minced and then mashed
    * 2 15-oz cans of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
    * 2/3 cup of tahini
    * 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
    * 1/2 cup water
    * 1/4 cup olive oil
    * 1/2 teaspoon of salt
    * Pine nuts (toasted) and parsley (chopped) for garnish

Method

1 In a food processor, combine the mashed garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, 1/2 cup water, and olive oil. Process until smooth. Add salt, starting at a half a teaspoon, to taste.

2 Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and chopped parsley.

Serve with crackers, raw dip vegetables such as carrots or celery, or with pita bread. You can cut the pita bread into thin triangles, brush with olive oil and toast for 10 minutes in a 400°F oven to make pita chips with which to serve the hummus.

Makes about 3 cups.

a couple of ways to change it up: Add-- carmelized onions, or switch out the garlic for Roasted Garlic, or add some Roasted red pepper (this adds moisture, you can use less oil
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    I usually cut this recipe in half because I'm the only one that eats it here. My favorite is switching out the garlic for roasted garlic. The flavor is so good with the roasted garlic.
    Hummus Recipe

Ingredients

* 4 garlic cloves, minced and then mashed
    * 2 15-oz cans of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
    * 2/3 cup of tahini
    * 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
    * 1/2 cup water
    * 1/4 cup olive oil
    * 1/2 teaspoon of salt
    * Pine nuts (toasted) and parsley (chopped) for garnish

Method

1 In a food processor, combine the mashed garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, 1/2 cup water, and olive oil. Process until smooth. Add salt, starting at a half a teaspoon, to taste.

2 Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and chopped parsley.

Serve with crackers, raw dip vegetables such as carrots or celery, or with pita bread. You can cut the pita bread into thin triangles, brush with olive oil and toast for 10 minutes in a 400°F oven to make pita chips with which to serve the hummus.

Makes about 3 cups.

a couple of ways to change it up: Add-- carmelized onions, or switch out the garlic for Roasted Garlic, or add some Roasted red pepper (this adds moisture, you can use less oil

Thanks for the recipe! I am making some hummus tonight for a party....what is tahini? :blushing: Im not much of a cook :bigsmile:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Tahini is sesame seed paste. I live in a small town and the grocery stores don't carry it but the health food store did.

When you first open it the oil will be at the top and it will have to be mixed. I put mine into a small bowl and used my hand blender. You can mix it in using a spoon.

Happy Hummus Eating!
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    Thank you :flowerforyou: