Fake before and after pictures, and real ones.

Options

Replies

• Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Never knew that, but not surprising now that I think about it. The dieting industry is sneaky and deceptive.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    ways figured they just photo shopped the heads on! it seems silly to go through all the work of getting someone fat when there are computers to do that!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    It's product advertising, plain and simple. If change between the before and after pictures wasn't spectacular, people wouldn't buy the product believing that the same transformation will happen to them.

Big (perceived) results sell. Beauty sells. Real life typically isn't interesting enough to sell.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that specifically but it doesn't surprise me... Every time commercials came on for that Ab Circle Pro, I'd get totally ticked off because the before pictures were obviously manipulated - stretched, fuzzy, and/or picture of women who were pregnant or had just given birth. That kind of advertising turns me right off!
  • chuluotababe
    Options
    This is just like the mascara companies where the models are wearing fake lashes. Or the 15 year old girls advertising wrinkle creams. Give me a break!!!

Thanks for posting this story. It fuels me even more to know that I'm successful even though they haven't claimed a cent of my money.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Advertising has been lying to us for years. Nothings going to change, still baffles me how people still buy into and then are shocked when they don't get the promised results.

Exactly! People still believe that the product will work. "All you have to do is drink this shake three times a day and you will be thin and beautiful. No working out needed" A bunch of BS!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I started hearing about this 10 years ago for many of the pills, drinks, and exercise equipment advertised on TV.
  • dcjackson50
    Options
    I agree it is very sad to see the extremes some people will go to in order to make money ! They prey on the weaknesses of others, ...whether its the frustrated and desperate dieter, with the diet fads, or the cosmetic industry preying on those with low self esteen.

Pathetic !
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Advertising has been lying to us for years. Nothings going to change, still baffles me how people still buy into and then are shocked when they don't get the promised results.

Exactly! People still believe that the product will work. "All you have to do is drink this shake three times a day and you will be thin and beautiful. No working out needed" A bunch of BS!

Because people want to believe in the "quick fix"...nobody wants to do what they know is the only real way to get fit and healthy..work hard and eat good...constantly!
  • gracielou09
    Options
    I heard about this too... such a scam...
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Wait....so you're telling me those HCG before and afters were fake?
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    The shake weight cracks me up. Those dudes are already ripped and haven't exercised yet... Then they throw them in the gym to get all pumped and vein y, then hand them the shake weight. LOL

...Like that shake weight is gonna give you a six pack or something lol

but all the pics on the box says it will get you ripped in 90 days....or something along those lines....I agree, it's hilarious! I love the spoof that South Park did on that...bad, but funny!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Because people want to believe in the "quick fix"...nobody wants to do what they know is the only real way to get fit and healthy..work hard and eat good...constantly!

So true. Nobody wants to work for it.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options

So true. Nobody wants to work for it.
    So you have your first marathon coming up in a month! Good for you! I bet you didn't get ready for that overnight, did you? How many months have you been training? So excited for you. I'm doing another 1/2 tomorrow. Haven't done a full in 4 years. Have a great run!
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I heard this before... that they pay people to get fat for reversed before & afters....

I have also heard they like to pick-up athletes in the off-season when they aren't working out & have gained pounds & use those as before pics & the atheletes during-season ripped-up look for the afters.

On the program I heard this they were also saying that almost every single before pic of a female is really a woman who is normally in very good shape but JUST had a baby... then they interview them a few months later all glowing & back to normal & they're all "oh I was soooo fat I could barely live with myself" but never mention the baby part LOL

I'm not to bothered by this... advertising is this way.! I used to love when Oprah would have people on her show who had really lost hundreds of pounds & they would bring their old pants out & stand with Oprah in them!..... yeah now THAT'S the real deal :)
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    No $$ amt is worth it to me to gain wt!!!!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    it does not suprise me or piss me off,thats how companys make money with "creative" advertising.
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    I've heard of that before. But what I've always noticed, is that they like to show pics with people with tattoo's. That way "it's the same person". But if you look, the AFTER pics always have newer/fresher looking ink than the BEFORE pics.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    You mean people got paid to eat like I used to? Sunuvabi*ch.

In all seriousness, that's what I'd do if I were in marketing. Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    one of the many many reasons i don't buy into weight loss products.

You can't beat eating right and working out, no matter what.

I also don't care how much someone offered me, i would never do that to myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!