Suggestion for a new site logo if the staus quo remains unch

Options
Unwrapping_Candy
Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
Suggestion for a new site logo if the status quo remains unchanged... "STATUS" sorry for the typo in the post title. lol

After seeing some of the action on the forums these past couple of days I couldn't help but ponder the future of this website. This pondering has resulted in me coming up with this cheaply-made site logo in Paint.

1zl87iv.png

I am not attacking the website, but merely observing what is happening here. A community of alleged adults has degenerated into a bunch of whiny, report-happy, over-sensitive, snobby toddlers, and this is not good for any of us. Some of this problem is likely due to the fact that is so freakin' hard to judge one's intentions and emotions without actually being with that person, but a lot of it has to do with adults here who get offended by things that wouldn't have offended an 80-years woman 40 years ago. So, what's the deal? Is PG-13 the new XXX? Is "prude" the new default personality? Or are you all so mean-spirited that you must constantly attempt to prove your interwebs superiority by getting forum topics locked or deleted that should NOT offend an adult community?

Isn't it possible that if you all grow up that the powers that be here will realise that they do in fact have a community of civil adults that they don't have to treat like toddlers? Unfortunately what's been created here is pretty much a perpetual cycle because when you act like children you get treated as such, and when you're treated like children it induces even more childlike behaviour. The only way to stop this is to remember how old you are and that not everyone is like you. You must understand that just because something offends you that doesn't make that something wrong or even slightly bad...especially if you're being offended by something that that 80-years woman I mentioned earlier wouldn't have been offended by 40 years ago.

I would love to see this become a much more civil community in which these adults can talk about pretty much anything and everything within adult reason without worrying about having belittling warnings sent to their inbox, their forum privileges revoked or their account deleted. Do you want to help make that happen? Or do you need me to buy you some more nappies?

Good luck to everyone here. I hope this post doesn't get me suspended or banned, but at this point I just feel relieved for having said something. Cheers!

Candace

Replies

• voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Marry me?
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I was gonna ask that!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Love it
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :smooched: I love my new friend!!!!!!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    ed7ee30f.jpg
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    And that is why we are friends. :)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • PeanutButterKiller
    Options
    it always amazes me that people are surprised when others act like children on the internet...i have never been on any forum where people dont act like this, well at first they are ok but once they get popular and the general public find it, it goes to complete crap, but i blame operah.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I like it!

And seriously.. I don't understand why people have to be drawn towards creating drama or complaining if something offends them. Who cares?!

If I don't like something in a forum post, I simply move along and ignore it. If I don't like somebody's profile pic, I just don't look at it. Why is it so difficult for some people to do the same?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell a grown up!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    when you're treated like children it induces even more childlike behaviour
    yup, yup
    btw, I love the way you spell behaviour...
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    John Lennon's Imagine sent a nice message too, but it's just not gonna happen now is it? :flowerforyou:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    it always amazes me that people are surprised when others act like children on the internet...i have never been on any forum where people dont act like this, well at first they are ok but once they get popular and the general public find it, it goes to complete crap, but i blame operah.

Oprah or opera?
  • rodneykm
    Options
    I love you all.
  • McPenguin
    Options
    I love you all.

Rodney - I love your profile picture. LMAO that's funny!
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Love it! Couldn't agree more!
  • squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    HERE HERE!!!! ENCORE!!! Tell it like is is lady....if you provide the nappies I'll provide the kleenex
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    It seems society as a whole is getting that way. What is considered polite or appropriate, etc. these days? I was brought up by my parents to open doors for others (not just women), say hello, good morning etc, if someone makes eye contact, say please and thank you. Just basic stuff like that. But it seems if I hold a door open for someone entering at the same time as myself that I am a chauvenist pig. If I do it for someone of the older persuasion, I am "such a nice young man." Say hello to someone walking down the hall at the hospital (where I work) and most of them will give me a rude look and turn their head as if it had never happened.
    I know my parent's generation feels the same way. It used to be normal for a customer to call a waitress honey, sweety, dear etc. but I was home in Illinois and my Mom did that (I know most younger waitresses these days think it is an insult, but my Mom doesn't understand) and the waitress basically berated her saying I am not your honey, where do you get the nerve to talk to me that way, etc.
    Is it a generation gap thing or cultural based on which part of the country you live in?

Also geography seems to be a major issue. Watch tv, movies, etc from Europe and they are very unbiased in regards to sexuality, nudity, etc. But over here in the USA we act shocked if a movie acknowledges that people under the age of 18 have sex. Or gay, bisexual, transgender, etc. is just too taboo for "civilized" folks. I am an old fashioned, straight, caucasion male. BUT I don't feel faint if someone discusses topics that don't fit in to my "bracket". LOL I don't understand people. If I am not comfortable with a situation or topic I can always find a way to deal with it or avoid it, whatever works best.
    I won't chastise someone who doesn't think like me. I won't report them for having a thread that is perfectly appropiate in their eyes, but not my cup of tea. I guess I am just saying can't we all just get along. LOL
    Everyone have a great day and here is to a future where people are looked at for their souls, not their orientation, color, religion, size, etc.

Troy
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I love you all.

Nice picture. You want some fries withat shake? LOL I love Adult Swim!!
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hey Folks,

I realize there's some discontent about the rules. It's always been our aim to make MFP a place where any member can come for support. Many of our users access the site from work on their employer's computers, and some of these places have filters in place that look for key words (like sex) and cause the site to be blocked, or the user to be reprimanded.

This is just one example for the reason we're so careful about the content in the public threads.

I know many of you are aware that we're debuting a new groups feature, hopefully by the end of next week. This will create an "opt-in" area where folks of like mind can discuss a wider range of topics without worrying that random users will come across content that they are not expecting. I think you'll find this will be a MAJOR change to the "status quo," and should allow for a much broader range of conversation than the rules currently allow.

Please take a moment to review the rules at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting. Every one of these rules is there for a reason, and the ones that you dislike, we probably dislike as well. We're working hard to add new features that will allow us to remove some of the restrictions. Up to this point, with wide open public forums and a very small team of volunteer moderators, some of these rules were the only way for us to make the site work-place and family friendly.

We agonize every day (really) about the balance between freedom and responsibility to all MFP users. If you have a concern about the way the site is moderated, please feel free to send a private message to me (username Steven) or to Mike (the site founder). We are always happy to discuss the state of the site, and to listen to suggestions for improvement. Arguing about moderator action in the forums is also against the rules, as it creates a lot of negative energy, particularly for new users who we all want to encourage to stick around past their first exposure to the forums.

Thanks for your understanding,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.