its friday, i wanna drink

Options
So i like to drink on the weekends but beer seems to sabotages my weight loss efforts. Should i just try not to drink or is there something i can drink thats not as bad?

Replies

• nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Pimms and diet lemonade! Only 41 calories when made with a 25ml measure =D
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add that I want to drink too so ... bump
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna drink tonight...and tomorrow night...and eat healthy the majority of the time otherwise. I like beer; there are a lot of bevvies that are lower cal that I don't like as much.
  • SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Pimms and diet lemonade! Only 41 calories when made with a 25ml measure =D

What is Pimms?
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Drinking (sometimes in excess, to put it mildly) has not hindered my weight loss. I generally stick to rum & diet coke, or light beer.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    vodka... mmmm... :-)

I prefer Stoli - 69 calories per ounce, 0 everything (except alcohol)... and I mix with diet iced tea...

Here is the nutritional info:

http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc326.html
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    I still drink on the weekends. I just calculate my calories in. If you drink beer, I would suggest the Select 55, just 55 calories! I'm a vodka drinker myself, I like the Cherry UV, and I know that 1.5 oz is 90 cals, so I mix that with Diet Coke...
    I did find a 0 calorie margarita mix also, so a shot of tequila is 100 cals...just to give an idea.
  • SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    IM going drinking, Just going to work out extra hard. Just keep it light, Vodka & Soda with a Lime.
    NO Beer or Sugary Drinks!

BUT Alcohol DOES slow your metabolism, so maybe a weekend here and there NOT drinking wouldn't hurt just to see HOW much it affects you!
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    I plan on drinking tonight as well. My Friday ritual! So far it hasn't hindered me too much!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    If anyone likes to drink it's me lol. Heck, I run a happy hour group with 300+ members! We go out 2-3 times a week. It's a blast.

Anyway, I have a 2-3 drink maximum that I put in my diary the night before. You can rack up a lot of empty calories if you're not careful, and determined. Knowing beforehand helps!

Btw, my favorite drink is Bombay Sapphire gin and tonic w/lime. Yum!
  • lolopizza
    lolopizza Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    any flavored vodka with club soda is delicious and low calorie
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I always get cravings when i drink :(
    I love beer (heck i am german) but i switched over to wine
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Run and diet soda :)
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. Sometimes I save a few calories for a drink, sometimes I decide to go without the drink and have a bit more food.

I'm having some ok shiraz right now.
  • CarlyC08
    Options
    Vodka!!! Although I love my beer too, and light beers don't always cut it...
  • bnigh001
    Options
    *raises up my beer* Here's to the weekend! (clink clink)

Cheers! :D
  • psnow9127
    psnow9127 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you peek at my diary I drink consistently through the week. ( I work at a restaurant, you get a free drink at the end of your shift) I still have made great progress and don't feel like it's held me back. I just choose either wine or light spirits. Like a vodka soda with lime or something like that. I also make sure I have room in my calorie goal so the drinking doesn't put me over.
    This article is helpful too: http://lifehacker.com/5495489/drinks-that-dont-destroy-your-diet
    Happy Friday!
  • MeganLMeier
    Options
    All things in moderation. Just have 2, and no drinking the next day. Two full-calorie beers will always have fewer calories and taste better than 3 garbage light beers. If you're looking for a delicious low-calorie beer, Guiness is the way to go. No kidding, it is lower in calories (and alcohol) than most kinds of beer. Cheers!!
  • Shanz78
    Shanz78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Im glad im not the only one that likes to cut loose on the weekends. Lots of good suggestions thanks again!
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Just drink, one nights not gonna kill you!