Talking on the phone while on the toilet

Options
rainbowbow
rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
Okay guys, random I know... But does it bother anyone else when they go to take a quick pee or even wash their hands in a public (even work) restroom and someone is in a stall next to you on the phone?!?! WHY no one wants to hear you poop and it makes other people uncomfortable!!! This is so disgusting to me!!

Thoughts/solutions?

Replies

• magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Yeah & you think they are talking to you! It's pretty bad when you answer them too :embarassed:
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I just commented on a similar thread about this earlier this morning. It happens all the time where I work. Maybe we work in the same building...? :wink: :huh:
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    I do think it is kind of tasteless to do that. I have had it done next to me and i could not help myself from being louder :devil: for some reason the ended their call.
  • ZachyABaby
    Options
    taking a huge **** is so pleasurable for me that i want as many people as possible to share in the experience. be a little less selfish, people.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Just make them feel awkward. Blow the loudest fart you can so the person on their phone hears it. Then they'll have some explaining to do.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    people aren't always 'taking a poop' when they are on the toilet LOL..... I've done this... not sure if I have done it in a public restroom though... I do it at home all the time! If I'm on the phone and have to take a pee, then you're just coming with me.... if it's you I'm on the phone with, that is :bigsmile:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    That's when I let out the loudest, wettest, stinkiest poop I can possibly muster. Grunting helps the effect too
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I don't do it at work, but have been known to do it at home. I'm careful, though, that I don't flush while I'm on the phone, so the person never knows. Sometimes you can't get off the phone and REALLY have to GO
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    I hold the phone down to my *kitten*
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Someone at work complained about this same thing not long ago and at first I was agreeing that it was weird, but then I thought, "How is it different than if two people are talking to each other while in the restroom together?" You know talking while in separate stalls. Why is it worse if one person is talking to a faceless being on a cell phone versus two live people in the restroom with you talking to each other?

I do not use my cell phone while in the restroom personally, one reason being is that I would probably drop it in!! LMAO... :)
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Oh,.... I did this at an airport one time.... I answered a lady and then realized she was talking on the phone and not to me :laugh:
    Yeah & you think they are talking to you! It's pretty bad when you answer them too :embarassed:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    OMG its so tacky in public...right up there with the people having a conversation about something super personal in the middle of Target, and talking loudly so everyone can hear them!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I dont mind at all. :) as long as the person on the other line knows about it proir. "are you going to the bathroom right now??" ... "NO....." :tongue:
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Yes, you must do the following:

grunt loudly and painfully
    beat on the walls
    stomp your feet
    and shout "WHO DOES NUMBER 2 WORK FOR!?!?" (mimicking Austin Powers of course)
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    people aren't always 'taking a poop' when they are on the toilet LOL..... I've done this... not sure if I have done it in a public restroom though... I do it at home all the time! If I'm on the phone and have to take a pee, then you're just coming with me.... if it's you I'm on the phone with, that is :bigsmile:

I second that!
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ewwwww! :noway: Public restrooms already give me the heebie jeebies, I can't imagine staying in one longer than I have to. Plus...what if you drop your phone in the toilet? Not to mention if you wipe, are you then going to hold that phone next to your face without washing your hands first? Even if you're wearing a headset, who the heck on the other line wants to listen to you pee, fart and poop? :sick: Blegh!
  • ScarletKuriboh
    Options
    OMG that crap is so disgusting. I cannot deal.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me. I've gone to the bathroom plenty of times when I'm on the phone with one of my kids. Or if I'm using a bathroom when one of them calls me, I'll answer the phone.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Be advised.. if your in the stall beside me and I hear it, I have and will yell out... "hey... how about a courtesy flush over there???" then I flush my toilet 2-3 times...
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Every day. Every g#$damn day. And i'll usually try to picmail a shot of the brick to someone.

LIKE A BOSS!