Need workout DVD recommendations

Options
I need some recommendations on workout DVDs that are around 30 minutes long. I have JM 30DS and love the intensity but its killing my knees.

Replies

• aesw800
    Options
    jillian michaels .. "no more trouble zones" is really good. maybe 40 mins long... but could be hard on knees also... lots of lunges but the video hits all body zones...abs, legs, arms, etc.. and you only need 3 pound weights to do it.
  • sjbenefield
    Options
    Power 90 (Not P90 X) they are about 30-40 minutes long and worth it i believe
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    try going outside to do some bike riding, or to the pool to swim, to help build your knee strength. most work outs will put stress on your knees, since they are the biggest joints of your body and help support up to 90% of your weight.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kelly Coffey Meyer - 30 Minutes to Fitness. Each DVD has 2 -30 minute workouts and lots of premixes to keep it fresh. This is a whole set of workouts; weights, circuits, bootcamp, kickboxing ...... look them up on collagevideo.com. Some of these are high impact, but modifications are shown for every single high impact move.

Collage is a great resource for finding videos. It will tell you if the video is high impact, what equipment you need, etc.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv -best workouts you will ever find, and they're all free!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Pilates :) no impact and will help tone those muscles :)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Chalean Extreme

ETA: If you are looking for a money saver, Supreme 90 is also a very good program! Very similar to P90X but the workouts are a little shorter and faster paced.
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I really like JM Yoga Meltdown. I honestly felt stronger and had better posture in a week of doing this video every day. And I would wake up sore. Bodyweight training is sometimes harder than anything else. I think if someone stuck this out, they would definitely see results.
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I really like JM Yoga Meltdown. I honestly felt stronger and had better posture in a week of doing this video every day. And I would wake up sore. Bodyweight training is sometimes harder than anything else. I think if someone stuck this out, they would definitely see results.

Obviously it depends on what is causing your knee pain. Do you think it's "impact" or "lunging/squatting" that's doing it? If it's the latter then I can't think of anything other than swimming or gentle cycling. If it's the former then I agree - this is a great workout - gets your heart rate up and your feet barely leave the floor!