weight loss help please!!

Options
I am having an extremely difficult time losing weight. I work out every day, doing cardio, abs and sometimes lifting. I do a variety of cardio, swimming, biking, elliptical, etc. I used to eat 1200 calories a day keeping it mostly to fruits and vegetables and healthier meals. I lowered it to only 1000 calories a day because I wasn't losing weight. I am still gaining weight. If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong I would really appreciate it!

I'm not gaining muscle because I was a varsity swimmer and we worked out 9 times per week! I still have most of this muscle, and during season i weighed 20 pounds less!

any help would be appreciated

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    cant-tell-if-youre-trolling-or-actually-serious-thumb.jpg
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I would guess that your not eating enough. Your body doesn't know that it is ok to lose weight unless it gets the proper amount of calories.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. Not nearly enough. Your body is in starvation mode and is doing all it can to hold on to fat.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    cant-tell-if-youre-trolling-or-actually-serious-thumb.jpg
    oh i'm dumb..didn't think of that..
  • PinkPussy
    Options
    You need to eat more calories to burn fat. Try eating more protein and brown carbs with 20g of fat a day. Eat small meals every 3 hours and snack wisely. Interval training will be very effective for fat burn, since your body still burns after you stop. It sounds like you have reached a plateau. Hope it helps xx
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    It sounds like you may not be eating enough calories. If your body is not used to burning calories/fat, it is storing it, which is not what you want. Eating helps kick on your metabolism. Not eating enough means your body thinks it's in starvation mode and stores the fat/calories you eat...

Good luck!
  • Amanda_Acosta
    Options
    I would agree. Try eating more cals and more protein.
  • Cougar7279
    Options
    I agree with the others: You need to eat more... When we don't eat enough, out bodies go into starvation mode.. they put the breaks on and won't let go of any weight because they're being starved....... If we give out bodies what they NEED, no more and no less, they won't mind getting rid of that they DON'T need, which is the excess weight....

Try eating 5 or 6 small, properly portioned meals per day.... that revs up the metabolism.... Like throwing a log on the fire multiple times a day.... each of those meals should be a perfect portion on lean protein and a complex carb... Keep working out hard like you are... It will take a while, maybe even up to a few weeks for your body to reset itself, and you might even put on a few pounds during this reset...... but you'll see the weight start to drop and dramatically I'd say...
  • Cougar7279
    Options
    P.S. Also make sure you're drinking A LOT of water... like almost a gallon a day...