Did the scale really move?!?!

Options
I was hanging around 210 for sooo long, even after training for and running two separate 1/2 marathons the scale would not budge. I was thrilled to finally see the scale move, in fact it jumped down to 205. I'm so used to seeing the same numbers show up that I kept checking the scale, I've probably stood on it 10 times today alone just to be sure! 5 lbs may not be a big accomplishment for some but after staring at the same number month after month after month (I could go on and on with the months) it is for me!

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    fantastic perseverence. Hopefully your body is now ready to give up more fat. Keep up the good work.
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way in my 220s straight up plateau...I am 209.5 and many why does it seem to wanna take its sweet ole time...I am ready for ONDERLAND already, shoot! Great job 5lbs is awesome, shoot I'd take that right about now :-)
  • Granny1227
    Options
    Great!! Keep going!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Well done you x keep up the good work x
  • sarah_kalonji
    Options
    well done!!! go you! must have felt awesome
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've only lost about 5 pounds since I started - it feels like a huge deal to me, so I totally understand why you'd be excited: way to go!
  • SCR56
    SCR56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That is so exciting!!! Great job!!!
  • gracielou09
    Options
    The quote in your siggy goes perfect with this!! Great job and keep it up!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Awh...that must have felt so amazing...keep up the great work.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you, especially on your attitude and perseverance! I was stuck in the same kind of rut from April to August, so I completely understand. Then the scale finally starts to move again and the pounds drop off and it seems so easy. WTF?!

What I did notice, though, is that my weight was being redistributed. I definitely have more muscle definition, although I wasn't doing weight training, and like you I have been running. It's good to remember that just because our weight isn't decreasing that doesn't mean the right things aren't happening.
  • kathryn2bfit
    kathryn2bfit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm way more excited to keep going now that I have finally seen some results, it's good to know that the process does work after all!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Are you at all aware of what caused the plateau to end? I know it's not a one size fits all situation, but I'm just curious. One thing I tried was taking screen shots of my various reports and stacking them vertically on top of one another so I can see what i was doing food and exercise wise during times of weight loss and times of plateaus. The only thing that's immediately obvious so far was I was exercising a little more during times of consistent loss.

Congrats on that exciting drop... if it was me, I'm sure my eyes would have bugged right out of my head and I'd have to do it over and over too, LOL!
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I was hanging around 210 for sooo long, even after training for and running two separate 1/2 marathons the scale would not budge. I was thrilled to finally see the scale move, in fact it jumped down to 205. I'm so used to seeing the same numbers show up that I kept checking the scale, I've probably stood on it 10 times today alone just to be sure! 5 lbs may not be a big accomplishment for some but after staring at the same number month after month after month (I could go on and on with the months) it is for me!

oh wow i have actually been stuck at 210 to !! do you know what caused the change ? im going slightly crazy with that fact its not moving
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your loss Kathryn2bfit. 5 pounds loss may seem small, but it's not. It's big.
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    oh wow i have actually been stuck at 210 to !! do you know what caused the change ? im going slightly crazy with that fact its not moving

Being between 210 and 199 is one of the hardest places to be on this entire journey I think. We all want to live in ONEderland so badly - it's gotta be the toughest 10 pounds known to man. They say the last 10 is the hardest, but at least getting to ONEderland is second hardest, without doubt! At least mentally it is - but plateau wise it seems to be too. IS IT POSSIBLE that in our rush to get to ONEderland we naturally drop our calories too low in our effort to get there? Something to consider I guess.
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    FYI, if you're using a digital scale, some cheaper scales will continue to show the same number until your actual weight deviates from that number by a certain amount. You can try forcing it to give a more accurate weight by stepping on it while holding something fairly heavy, then step on again while holding nothing. Hopefully you get a lower number!
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You must have lost inches as well, Great job on perseverance, good habits do pay off.

Hats off to you!!!!
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I have been the same since I joined the gym in March, haven't really seen a great weight loss but I have been making the mistake of going to the gym but thinking I can eat what I want. So two weeks ago I started really tracking my food, started doing 30DS and joined MFP, and in the past two weeks have lost 5lb. usually I lose a couple of pounds then the next weigh in it's back up a couple of pounds, so to see ANOTHER loss this week makes me believe I've actually lost weight! It's a great feeling and a great motivator! And I can honestly say it's thanks to MFP and staying committed to it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!