Shakeology and nursing?

Options
Hi! I'm a new mom of a 3 month old boy and I also have a 18 month old daughter. I am currently nursing my son and am interested to know if shakeology is safe to take while nursing? On the website all it says is to consult your doctor. Just wondering if anyone nursing or not has tried it and if it's worth the price? I like the idea of a easy nutrient packed drink for when I'm too busy to cook for myself.

Thanks!

Replies

• Brandzilla
    Brandzilla Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking shakeology for a month now and I've been nursing my 7 month old daughter. I never thought about it being unsafe. I feel fine and haven't had any problems. I don't see how it could hurt baby considering how healthy it is.
  • allijoy13
    allijoy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love the taste! I'm not a nursing mom anymore, so I can't offer you advice on that piece. I think it's worth the money because I use it as a meal supplement.

-Allison
  • jsarvs10
    Options
    I am also a new mom of a 3 month old boy and am nursing. I'm not sure about shakeology but I make my own shakes using whey protein powder, plain greek yogurt, kale, spinach, and frozen berries. I read that whey protein is safe during pregnancy and nursing. It's a great way to get healthy protein and other nurtrients quick. I buy the chocolate and vanilla flavors of whey protein powder. If I use the chocolate I just add plain greek yogurt (twice the protein and less sugar than regular yogurt), kale, and spinach. It's a great way to get some nutritious greens in and you don't even taste it. If I use the vanilla powder I use the same ingredients and add some frozen berries for some extra flavor. Of course you could add some natural peanut butter, additional veggies, or any other healthy ingredients you prefer! I like to make my own so I know exactly what is in it and I'm sure it's cheaper than shakeology!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a new mom of a 3 month old boy and I also have a 18 month old daughter. I am currently nursing my son and am interested to know if shakeology is safe to take while nursing? On the website all it says is to consult your doctor. Just wondering if anyone nursing or not has tried it and if it's worth the price? I like the idea of a easy nutrient packed drink for when I'm too busy to cook for myself.

Thanks!
    For $120 bucks a month, you could get better supplements in larger quantities.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    On the website all it says is to consult your doctor. .

So you asked the MFP jury? :huh:
  • karabearsmommy
    Options
    Yes I did ask. I am still planning on consulting my doctor when I get the chance, but I figured I could still hear from others in a similar situation and also what they think of the product. Why even bother posting your remark? Thank you everyone for the other feedback and I will take it into consideration:)
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Yes I did ask. I am still planning on consulting my doctor when I get the chance, but I figured I could still hear from others in a similar situation and also what they think of the product. Why even bother posting your remark? Thank you everyone for the other feedback and I will take it into consideration:)

I bothered posting my remark because that doesn't make any sense! You did not state that you were going to consult with your doctor, you said the website says to check with your doctor so you wanted other peoples opinions of it. Be more clear if you don't want people questioning you. If I were nursing I wouldn't want other peoples experience every body has different needs, and its even more critical that the needs are met when you're going to be passing what you put into your body into your babys body. A doctor would be a much more trusted source than a forum full of random people IMO. I would advise against it until you check with your doctor.
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    As an MD, my general advice to all nursing mothers is to eat healthy foods ie a well-balanced diet comprising fresh fruit and vegetables, preferably but not necessarily including meat.

Best wishes