Rosemary Conley's amazing inch loss plan..does it work?

Options
I have just signed up for Rosemary Conley's amazing inch loss plan and went to my first class this afternoon. After the members weigh in session we had a 15 minute talk about what 'Mrs Average' eats everyday and where she is going wrong.....I was tempted to butt in with some of the things I've learned on MFP but bit my tongue and kept my mouth shut! and then I was subjected to a gruelling non-stop 30 minute exercise session and was TOTALLY whacked when it ended. Anyway... I came home with my little goody bag with multi coloured portion pots and magic tape measure....along with the 3 phase booklets and dvd explaining what I must do for each phase...starting with a 2 week kick off of 1200 calories daily (this is 500 less than MFP allocates me!) The plan is that I should lose a stone in amonth if I follow it to the letter but I am VERY sceptical at this stage. I have pre-paid and signed up for 6 classes and will give it a go to see if I can get off my plateau.... just wondering if anyone here is a member of Rosemary Conley's slimming club (past or current) who have had success with her plans. Just curious.

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    My granny does this class and has seen pretty good results.
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    I would think that most of the people at my class today were grannies....so that is promising bearing in mind I am 55 but not a grandmother yet!!!
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've not heard of this plan, but I sometimes think, "do whatever you gotta do to get off the plateau". 6 weeks doesn't seem very long. I would try to push through it with gusto.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    it sound like fun, 1200 cals with exercise is fine, doctors put you on that, all the time, it is just about a cure for type two diabetes, but i have to say that i did not get to be 245 pounds by eating 1200 cals this glutton is a major sissy girl and wants to drop cals slow and i don't want a whole bunch of saggy skin:noway: witch i would not have if i exercises a lot but frist thing frist and that why i dont go down to 1200 right of the bat
    p.s i don't know why i worry about 1200 cals i am allways going over anyway its exercise that saves my butt
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I would think that most of the people at my class today were grannies....so that is promising bearing in mind I am 55 but not a grandmother yet!!!

Considering I'm nearly 30 my granny is only 76 so she's young enough lol. It's low GI isn't it?
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    I am sorry I don't know how to get the quotes up.....but to answer WeightWars question....Yes i'ts low GI. The daily fat allowance is only 5%. There are 3 phases to the plan...The first 2 weeks is 1200 calories to kick start...then 2 weeks at 1400calories followed by the third phase where they give you an allowance tailored to your height, age and current weight. I would think mine will be around the same as the one MFP sets me at 1700. I am just trying it out for a few weeks to see if it works.
  • comperoo
    comperoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that it definitely does work, I lost 8 stone on it I left because of lack of money but have joined again and have just lost 9lb in my first week it is a really good plan and if you keep to it you will succeed
  • start2save
    Options
    Hi
    I've lost 21 lbs doing Rosemary Amazing Inch Loss Plan on my own at home & using MFP to keep track of calories etc and now have joined class as wanted a keep fit class rather than DVDs on my own all the time

Michelle