love handles

I recently had a baby about 4 1/2 months a go and had to have a c section.Well now I have a c section "gut" and horrible love handles I really want to get rid of but don't know the best exercises for it. Please help!

Replies

• alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    There is no exercise for removing fat from a specific location on your body. The only way to get rid of them is to lower your overall body fat through diet and exercise. I'm sorry to say but that's just a simple statement of pure fact. Now, you can tone up the muscles in those regions which can help improve the appearance a bit. There are a lot of exercises you can do that focus on obliques and abs which are the muscles you're looking to work. I personally really like working with a fitness ball so a quick google on the internet for Fitness Ball Oblique exercises will probably find lots of ideas for you. Try them out and see which ones you're comfortable doing.
  • ssstefanieee
    ssstefanieee Posts: 80 Member
    What has helped me is TON of cardio. You can't "spot reduce" but working out and lossing fat all over will help you loose inches in the long run.
  • Thanks! I will give it a shot!
  • I have been doing cardio, maybe I just need to do more. Stefanie you look great!