Supreme 90..anyone doing this??

Options
I admit, I am an exercise dvd junkie. I have P90x, Insanity, Chalean Extreme, etc. etc. I have now come across a new series called "Supreme 90". You get 11 dvds, a calendar of workouts and a nutrition plan for around $20. Seems like a great deal, and the idea behind the workouts (like p90x) is muscle confusion. While I LOVE p90x, I don't always have the time to do an hour workout everyday/6 days a week. Supreme 90 appeals to me because it is shorter workouts, average is around 40 minutes. If anyone has tried this series or is doing it now, please let me know your thoughts on it before I buy it!! Thx everyone:-)

Replies

• MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Never heard of it but VERY interested in researching it, thanks for mentioning!
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/supreme-90-day-system-9383

They offer it here now and there are 4 reviews (all good) if you want to check them out.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I have not tried Supreme 90 but have read all the reviews I can find. Apparently it has lower production quality than P90X (what do you expect for $20?) But reviewers love it. The work outs are great - challenging but shorter than P90X. No pull ups; it uses ball exercises instead. They saved money by doing things like using the same warm up for every workout and didn't shell out big bucks for music. I can live with all of that myself. Don't get me wrong, I love P90X and will come back to it. But after going through it five times I am ready for a change up.
    I see you do Chalean Extreme. Do you think this something that a guy would be interested in? I'm not being all macho, just wondering if it is targeted at women only.
    PS, reviewers say the website for Supreme 90 takes weeks to ship it, even if you pay for expedited shipping. Buy it from Walgreens or Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I am currently using it! I'm on day 33 (I think). I lost three pounds my first week.

I've never used the more expensive systems but it definately works! After each exercise, I am definately laying in a pool of sweat. It's a great workout for men and women. You need dumbells and an exercise ball, but they do show modifications if you don't have the ball.

And yeah, it took weeks! to get it in the mail!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I've got the videos and have only done 3 of the DVD's, and they kicked my tail! I'm working on the Bridge to 10K right now with limited time, so when I'm done with that program I will move on to the Supreme 90.
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I'm definitely going to order this as soon as I can! I compared it to P90X almost identical! I'm sure I'll get SOMETHING out of it, esp for only $20!
  • tlnester
    tlnester Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!
    Thx for all of the input on Supreme 90. MaryDreamer, thx for the website:-) I think I am going to order this, for the price, it has got to be worth it just to mix things up! I wanted to pass along (for those of you who are thinking of ordering) that I found it on hsn.com for 19.95. I believe shipping is around $6. This is a very trustworthy shopping site with relatively quick shipping. I did not check Bed Bath and Beyond or Walgreens, but I was at Target today and they don't carry it yet. I think I may just go ahead and order from HSN. If anyone would be interested, I would love to start a Supreme 90 group and go thru the process together, just let me know! As far as Chalean Extreme, it is a great workout with weights for men and women. There are men in the dvds and Chalene is very motivating. Off to order my Supreme 90...should be here in week..who's up for it??? :-)
  • johnwhitent
    Options
    Thanks for the info on HSN, I'll be ordering soon. Looking forward to intense but shorter routines than P90X.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • johnwhitent
    Options
    I am now in week six of Supreme 90 and I highly recommend it. I find the workouts different than P90X, but equally challenging and equally rewarding. I was pleased to find that the trainer/coach is Tom Holland, a respected trainer, athlete, and author of a triathlon training book that I already own. As noted before, the workouts are shorter than P90X workouts, but don’t think that this means easier. The workouts are intense and will challenge even P90X graduates. The Tabata Inferno dvd wears me out! Now mind you I am not saying that Supreme 90 is better than P90X, just that it is a well done fitness program that will challenge your body. For me Supreme 90 works well as a compliment to P90X and I will be alternating the two throughout the year for a real dose of muscle confusion! No pull up bar required but it does use a stability ball; modifications are given for those like me who don’t have a ball. Totalfitnessdvds.com offers it with free shipping for sales over twenty dollars so a friend and I ordered together paying 19.95 each and got free priority shipping – we got it in three days. It's not as glitzy as P90X and the packaging is minimal, but it provides an excellent fitness experience and is worth way more than $20!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I was just going to ask the same question! So I'm interested in replies...I was looking at this at Target yesterday and googled it today...still debating...like you I'm a DVD junkie and I do them just not on a consistent basis..so IDK if this would be worth buying for me.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    edited for double post :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I'm definitely going to order this as soon as I can! I compared it to P90X almost identical! I'm sure I'll get SOMETHING out of it, esp for only $20!

My local Target has is it in the store for $19.99...you may wanna check yours out if you don't want to wait or pay shipping!
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    ...so ok after reading about this in a magazine and seeing this post...I bought it..starting tonight...found mine at ****s Sporting Goods...19.99...yes...I believe I belong in the DVD junkie club..oh well!
  • emanismom
    emanismom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    They have it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Target, and Walgreen. It costs $19.99 and no shipping and handling or wait. I bought it for my college aged niece and she LOVES it. I am thinking of swapping my Turbo Fire with her when she comes home at Christmas. I, too, am a video junkie...but I've still spent less than I would at the gym for a whole year!!