Tummy tuck have you had one?

Options
Just wondering if anyone has had a tummy tuck, were you happy with the result, did your stomach look normal after having it done. I have stretched skin on my stomach from my pregnancies that diet and exercise will not fix.

Replies

• Teeteetare
    Options
    I cannot wait to see the posts on this. I have the same problem :o(
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I've had a mini tummy tuck. I was very pleased. I already had a scar from having c-sects, but the tummy tuck scar is a bit longer. I had excess skin and a lot of scar tissue. I got down to 105 lbs and still had that pooch going on and finally realized with research that because I am so small anyways and had children a bit later in life and so close together that my skin wasn't able to go back to its normal state and a mini tuck was the only way to get rid of it.

Update: One more thing....because I am small, I didn't need the full tummy tuck.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    same problem here, I had 2 healthy over 10 lb boys and my tummy is ruined no matter how much excercise I do
  • anamercedez
    Options
    My Sister-in-law had one and she actually looked really good!!! They re-did the belly button and everything. All her stretch marks were gone and it was nice and FLAT!!!!!:wink:
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ScarletKuriboh
    Options
    Be careful tho. One of my best friends had it done by a certified plastic surgeon and she got really sick and an infection from the procedure. Do your homework wisely.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! Tummy is flat as a board and I would do it again if I had too! Soooo totally worth it!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Fabulous thanks for responding!
  • reese1206
    reese1206 Posts: 229
    Options
    I had a Full Tummy Tuck and am VERY Happy with the results :)
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing, it's very motivating to me to hear this because at present my body the way it is, even if I did lose so much weight and tone up I still wouldn't be seen dead in a bikini because of this loose skin! It's nice to think I could get it fixed if I wanted to.
  • reese1206
    reese1206 Posts: 229
    Options
    If you want to see before and after pics I can email them to you.

Thanks for sharing, it's very motivating to me to hear this because at present my body the way it is, even if I did lose so much weight and tone up I still wouldn't be seen dead in a bikini because of this loose skin! It's nice to think I could get it fixed if I wanted to.
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    I haven't had one but I know someone who has. It turned out great! She definitely doesn't regret doing it. The scar isn't too bad at all, either.
  • hannahmayr30
    hannahmayr30 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I plan to get one when I reach my goal weight. I also want to make sure I'm done having babies...I might want just one more :0)
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    The thought has crossed my mind many times but I too would like one more child... I think. I have two boys and would love to have a baby girl. So I want to when I'm done having babies of course.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I did the modified tuck. They removed the pannus (extra skin) and I think I have 3-4 internal stitches. My belly button was not "moved" and I still have my stretch marks, but I no longer have the flap.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I've had a mini tummy tuck. I was very pleased. I already had a scar from having c-sects, but the tummy tuck scar is a bit longer. I had excess skin and a lot of scar tissue. I got down to 105 lbs and still had that pooch going on and finally realized with research that because I am so small anyways and had children a bit later in life and so close together that my skin wasn't able to go back to its normal state and a mini tuck was the only way to get rid of it.

Update: One more thing....because I am small, I didn't need the full tummy tuck.

what is mini vs full tummy tuck?
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hoshneer
    Hoshneer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Even as a guy I have actually considered it once I lose all my weight. I have never been skinny in my life and I can't wait till the day ny belly is gone. :)
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    *Stalks thread for pics*

I have a big ol' flappy pooch and I haven't even had kids :(
  • Korrinn
    Korrinn Posts: 24
    Options
    *Stalks thread for pics*

I have a big ol' flappy pooch and I haven't even had kids :(

Same here. I've lost 40 lbs but my stomach looks like a deflated balloon. and there's a lot of extra stuff hangingdown...

I was wondering if anyone here had one and then had kids, did it get messed up after kids?