Miracle Noodle?

Options
BR1986FB
BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
Has anyone tried this product? If so, is it the real deal or a scam?

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/

Replies

• BR1986FB
    Options
    Has anyone tried this product? If so, is it the real deal or a scam?

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I have never tried it either in fact i just looked it about and read about it. I would like to try them but I dont want to have to order alot of them plus pay 10 dollars for shipping. Do you know of any place that sells them?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    huh... how can a noodle be calorie free? soulds like a waste 'o' money to me.
  • skinnymel
    skinnymel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    it looks like we could also try shirataki noodles, and could probably find them at local
    whole foods or health store. i googled the info, sounds like something worth trying!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Its not really pasta, its a root and more or less takes the shape of pasta. I read it really doesnt have any taste, which i really dont think pasta has either. Its what you put on it. And its suppose to be filling. I would try one bag of it, but it looks like you can only order a rather large quanity. Plus nail you with shipping...
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I am always a skeptic when it comes to products touting themselves as ancient Chinese secrets...or in this case Japanese. It may be calorie free, but man I doubt it tastes like anything but paper/air.

Here is Hungry Girl's say:
    Miracle Noodles

(1/3 bag: 0 calories, 0g fat, 3g carbs, 3g fiber, 0g sugars, 0g protein = 0 Points)

What We Think of 'Em: As you know, we're completely OBSESSED with House Foods Tofu Shirataki noodles. Since they're hard to locate, we get TONS of emails about alternative forms of diet-friendly Japanese noodles, like Miracle Noodles. The big difference is that Miracle Noodles, which are made of the same yam flour as the Tofu Shirataki, DON'T contain any tofu. The good news is, the lack of tofu makes these noodles CALORIE-FREE. The bad news is, they sort of taste like they have no calories. Here's the deal with them. The spaghetti, fettuccini and angel hair shaped ones are really pretty good, and actually hold onto sauces better than Tofu Shirataki. But the other shapes -- like the thicker noodles and lasagna noodles -- are a bit scary and get a thumbs down from us. (Avoid these unless you plan on auditioning for Fear Factor. They might come in handy for that.) In general, these noodles are more rubbery than Tofu Shirataki and much harder to chew than regular noodles, so be warned. But remember, they are CALORIE-FREE. So if you can learn to enjoy them, they could become an AWESOME addition to your diet.

Would We Eat Them Again? Sure. But only the thinner shaped ones. We wouldn't wish the thicker ones on our hungriest enemy.

Overall Score: 7.5. We'd eat these or other plain shirataki noodles if the tofu ones were MIA.

If you do try them, let us know.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I think I may give the angel hair or spaghetti shaped a try.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Have you tried spaghetti squash as a noodle substitute?
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Have you tried spaghetti squash as a noodle substitute?

No but I may have to look into that too.

Bit the bullet and bought 6-7 oz bags of the shirataki noodles ($1.38 per bag). I didn't buy from Miracle Noodle. These noodles also have no carbs and no calories. I plan on mixing them with some low sodium marinara sauce that I got from Trader Joe's and some ground turkey and making turkey spaghetti.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    My shiratake noodles arrived today so I'll be having cubed chicken breast in Trader Joe's low sodium marinara on the noodles for dinner. Too late to thaw out the ground turkey. I'll let you know how they taste
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    I think I may have found a new food "love". I cooked up a 7 oz chicken breast seasoned with Mrs. Dash's Extra Spicy and threw it in a pan with the shiratake noodles and a cup of Trader Joe's low sodium marinara sauce.

Only 320 calories and quite tasty. It's not Bobby Flay or Gordon Ramsey fare but it's good enough for me.
  • skinnymel
    skinnymel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    thanks! i will try some!
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I've been looking for these at my grocery since I read about them in the post. Sadly, Cub and my co-op did not have them. I will have to check Kowalski's. Thanks for giving us the update, I am looking forward to actually trying them.
  • AshliColon
    AshliColon Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the miracle noodles, but the shirataki noodles are my new favorites! I tried the hungry girl fettucine and am HOOKED!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=468

I'm fortunte to have a store in my area that sells them. I wouldn't have tried them if I had to order a bunch online!

--ash :heart:
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    One lesson that I did learn is to make sure you cut them with scissors or a knife prior to eating. They are very long.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    I haven't tried the miracle noodles, but the shirataki noodles are my new favorites! I tried the hungry girl fettucine and am HOOKED!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=468

I'm fortunte to have a store in my area that sells them. I wouldn't have tried them if I had to order a bunch online!

--ash :heart:

I didn't buy the Miracle brand either. I just found shiratake's online cheaper and got them.
  • AshliColon
    AshliColon Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My husband runs the grocery store that they sell them at, so I ended up ordering a full case. I'm from Alaska and many times we get gouged on shipping! It's like they're mailing to another country... :grumble:

Oh, and I forgot to say that I like my fettucine a little creamier than the original hungry girl recipe, so i use the whole wedge of laughing cow instead of the recommended half. :tongue:
  • lpv98
    lpv98 Posts: 1
    Options
    Miracle Noodle Is A Scam...sorry.

For the past 30 years, I have exercised regulary, I eat a very healthy diet and my weight never strays. My weight does not go up or down. I am a good weight, however, I just always wished to loose five pounds.

Over the past 30 years, I also calorie count and I step on the scale every morning. I am very concious of my weight and my health.

Just to see if the Miracle Noodle claims were accurate, I ate the noodles only (with just a touch of chicken bullion and water added (4 calories)....for three days. Very quickly, without question, I gained 4 pounds. The noodles do not work for weight loss and it appears as though they must have calories.

If you count each serving as maybe 400 or 500 calories, then you will probably be okay.