HEALTHY GAME DAY HOT WINGS

Options
I figured with it being football season, I would share my favorite recipe for buffalo wings. I combined two recipes to create the perfect wing. Enjoy!

1 lb. chicken drummettes (about 24 pieces)
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 Tbsp. Tabasco® sauce (or similar)
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
No-fat hot sauce (optional)
Paprika (to taste)
Aluminum foil

Preheat broiler

Resealable plastic bag (gallon size), or large bowl with cover
Remove skin from chicken. Mix honey, ketchup, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and your favorite no-fat hot sauce (optional, for added heat) in resealable plastic bag or large resealable bag. Add chicken, shake thoroughly, and refrigerate for 4 hours or more to marinate. Spray a non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and brown the chicken until it's cooked through.

Mix together chicken broth and Franks' Red Hot Sauce and add them to the chicken.

Lower the heat, cover the pan, and simmer the chicken for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and is coating the chicken in a beautiful, glossy layer of spicy goodness. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Remove chicken from bag or bowl, place on cookie sheet, and sprinkle with paprika. Place under broiler until desired crunchiness and color is o Serves 12.Cooking Time: 30 obtained (5-10 mins).

*About 90 calories per serving (4 pieces)

Replies