How much sugar do you have per day?

Options
I average about 50-60 but all of it comes from dairy (non fat), fruits and veggies (I'm a vegetarian except for one day a week) and MFP is always saying I'm over.. Is it OK to be over since it's not from sweets?

How much do you consume a day?

Replies

• GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I don't think it should count, but from what I have heard your body considers sugar to be sugar weather it is from fruits and veggies or not. I just about died when I found out that the prune juice (5.5 oz can) I was drinking (Sunsweet 100% natural) has 17g of sugar and the 8 oz glass of OJ I drank this morning has 22 g! I guess NATURAL doesn't mean anything. It should considering that my baby's juice doesn't have any sugar in it lol Anyway, yes, it does count. :ohwell:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I don't even monitor my sugar intake because I don't eat things packed with sugar and I don't add sugar to my food. The sugar I get in my diet is naturally occurring in whatever food I'm getting it from for the most part, so I don't care if I go over.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I don't think it should count, but from what I have heard your body considers sugar to be sugar weather it is from fruits and veggies or not. I just about died when I found out that the prune juice (5.5 oz can) I was drinking (Sunsweet 100% natural) has 17g of sugar and the 8 oz glass of OJ I drank this morning has 22 g! I guess NATURAL doesn't mean anything. It should considering that my baby's juice doesn't have any sugar in it lol Anyway, yes, it does count. :ohwell:

You asked how much we consume... sorry. I just looked and usually between 25-35 a day. I'm not a real sugar person, but am finding it in everything. Although I do have a friend who is doing the 15 or less a day and she is dropping weight like crazy. (I guess it was something a trainer recommended on the Rachel Ray show).
  • stephaniej05
    Options
    Sugar is sugar! USDA says no more then 8% of your calories should come from sugar. I try to stay around 25
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I try not to freak out if I go over a little due to naturally occurring sugars. However, I have found that I'm losing more weight on this attempt than previous attempts, and I think it's because I'm limiting my sugar. I'm usually only eating one serving of fruit a day now, and making up the rest of my 5-10 in veggies. Boo. To directly answer your question, I eat close to the amount of sugar recommended by MFP each day (26g on a regular day), more when I "earn" it through exercise.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it under 15 per day.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it under 15 per day.

I have that before I'm even awake! :o

I don't track my sugar, it's pretty pointless for me. But i did use the tools to have a look back at the last 6 months..and lets just say, its far, far higher than seemingly most of you!

Still, doesn't seem to be stopping me!
  • lilbabe09
    lilbabe09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    my friend lost 15lbs in a month without ever going to the gym by liminting her sugars to 4g and under at each meal but would not include fruits in this.... but would consider milk (1 cup/12g sugar) as sugar............. but this means no desserts ah? haha. but she include one cheat dessert once a week.....
    so now i've tried to do this sometimes and have been losing a lb a week since but ps also working it at the gym 5 days a week so its might now only be the sugars
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Different kinds of sugars .... google "sugar". Also google "sugar poison".

I stopped adding sugar when I started this.

I still add it when I am naughty, but not as habit now.

Now, google "good sugar".

Happy reading.