Best workout and foods for a Flatter Stomach

Options
Hello Everyone.. I was just wondering what the best workout for the stomach. . I just staring using myfitnesspal and i love it so far. It has me moving and help me to keep track of what I am eating.

Replies

• Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    cardio cardio cardio..

did i mention cardio?

Flat stomachs is clean diet, time, and cardio. there is no quick fix
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    cardio cardio cardio..

did i mention cardio?

Yeah I needed that post! Time to up the cardio for me I believe!
  • carmella7164
    carmella7164 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem. Push up and situp and of course cardio. My weight is all in the stomach. Good luck.
  • inigo057
    Options
    Cardio has helped me so much! Whether its on a machine or street, a good 400 cal burn is a start. Also, to tighten up loose skin, as I ended up with after losing 45 lb, abb workouts help too. When your abb muscles tighten, your stomach has no choice but to 'shrink' within, causing less expansion, and therefor leading to less 'hunger'. It is all a domino effect. Keep it up!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    :smile: In addition to the cardio, do planks!! Kinda like a ststic push-up... you are in the position, but supported on your elbows and you simply hold the posture (no up and down) for 10-30 seconds, as long as you can stand it. Relax and repeat, several times. This will strengthen the core and keep back and front in balance. Makes a huge difference in posture too! :smile:
  • dontletmegetme
    Options
    Like the above posters said, cardio. As far as foods go, I hear that nuts are good for a flat stomach.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Honestly food makes the biggest difference in the world....words cannot even describe!!!

I cut my carbs slowly --- lowering from 100g to now <50 net carbs a day (on a normal day)....I try for 35 or less though. In addition I cut out any foods that were proccessed (especially grains) & I upped protein to >100g a day. I went from not being able to ANY lose weight or body fat and gaining no muscle mass and being sort of chunky (I felt I was at least) and it did not matter what I did to workout or how long --- I literally worked out for 3 hours a day busting my a** and didn't lose a single pound even eating at/below/over my calories --- I tried EVERYTHING!!! Then I did ^^ and I immediately started dropping the lbs without even working out. I did leisure activities randomly, nothing serious. And I got abs -- not a 6 pack but I shed 90% of that fat that was there in no time. And I FEEL lean and energetic. As they say abs are made in the kitchen --- they really are. But cardio and planks definitely help as well. IMO there is almost no point in doing strenuous workouts unless you are going to eat clean.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    cleaner eating, cardio, push ups and weights.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    diet is 95% of it
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Best workout for a flatter stomach:

1. Figure out TDEE
    2. Go to computer
    3. Sign into MFP
    4. Track calories of foods eaten
    5. Eat a calorie deficit.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    cardio cardio cardio..

did i mention cardio?

You can be ripped without cardio...nutrition is key and how you burn calories is up to you whether it is cardio or weightlifting.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Limit your sugar to 35g a day. Made a ridiculous difference to me. As soon as I eat too much sugar again my stomach expands. Can't decide whether I love a 24 inch waist or nutella more...nutella is winning this week...
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Nutrition....It all begins with nutrition....

Perhaps you can rephrase the question?

Best workout for a stronger Core?
    Best workout for building dexterity in the Core?

These would be answerable with exercise.
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    1. Figure out TDEE

Joe, how do YOU figure TDEE?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    1. Figure out TDEE

Joe, how do YOU figure TDEE?

Bodymedia FIT device - Not 100% accurate as nothing is in determining your TDEE, but it's easy to use and it's close enough. After wearing it for about 4 month I have a pretty good estimate of what mine is now.

2800 cals on rest days
    3500 cals on training days
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    Cool. Thanks.