SO HUNGRY

Options
Lately, I have been feeling really hungry very frequently throughout the day. I try to get a lot of protein into my diet and eat frequently, but the hunger seems fairly constant the last couple days- going away for a small amount of time after a bigger meal, but not for long - (And it's not a "gee, I think i'm hungry", it's painful hungry) Any thoughts or ideas on what to do? I'm definitely willing to eat more, but I feel like I'm eating a lot as it is...maybe my metabolism is just higher with my change in exercise and diet?

(I'm eating 1200+exercise calories typically)

Thanks!

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant? I don't mean this as an offensive question but a legitimate one. My first pregnancy, I was hungry all the time at first (before I even missed my period). It was weird.
  • SannaBourne
    Options
    i've been drinking special k protein drinks and they are the first thing i've ever tried that actually keep me feeling full for a long time =)
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I drink Hot Tea or Hot water with lemon... its works pretty well.
  • CherrySunday
    Options
    apples help me. having eggs for breakfast too seems to keep the hunger quiet.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    1200 is probably too low for you. Since you are close to your goals, you should be trying for a half pound a week.

ETA: I eat 2000 plus exercise!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Syntha 6 puts out a shake too that has a little more protien than the Special K, if you need the ooompf. I like it because I can make up a banana strawberry chocolate smoothie with it and it will be fine until I get to drink it as long as I keep it cold.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant? I don't mean this as an offensive question but a legitimate one. My first pregnancy, I was hungry all the time at first (before I even missed my period). It was weird.

Haha, no ma'am, I'm definitely not pregnant :)
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I drink Hot Tea or Hot water with lemon... its works pretty well.

<sigh> I miss my lemon wedges in drinks... allergic to citrus oil!
  • inigo057
    Options
    Apples are great. Water is best. Hunger, at least for me, comes our of being bored or paying too much attention to food. Look into every reason you are hungry. Unless you are running 6 miles a day and only eating 1500 cals, you cant be hungry! Its all metal!
  • inigo057
    Options
    mental...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Haha, no ma'am, I'm definitely not pregnant :)

:smile: Coolness! I'd suggest switching up what you are eating to incorporate more protein-rich foods and less starchy foods. I can't eat a lot of breads, pastas, or starchy veggies without feeling hungry not long after, but a meal that is rich in fiber and lean proteins usually keeps me full for a long time (same caloric value).
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough fat in your diet? :smile:
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Not too sure where you live, but the change in seasons could be it. Our bodies are telling us to store up for the winter. I know I always get a little more hungry when the temperature starts to drop. Also, TOM can affect hunger as well.
  • Hoshneer
    Hoshneer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Not too sure where you live, but the change in seasons could be it. Our bodies are telling us to store up for the winter. I know I always get a little more hungry when the temperature starts to drop. Also, TOM can affect hunger as well.

That totally makes sense. I have never thought about that. Interesting....