sabatage

Options
I honestly feel like my husband is trying to sabatage my efforts. Always bringing home junk food, ect....I need some will power, because when I see him eating something I want it too. I have asked him several time to stop bring home junk but he doesn't listen. He isn't exactly a "skinny mini" ....could stand to lose about 20lbs or so....but I'm starting to think he is enjoying seeing me struggle and give into temptation. Its really pissing me off. I try to plan my meals but he will come home with a box of drumstick ice cream cones, or pastry from the bakery and I can't resist. I need to find something to motivate me to say no!

AHHHHH!!!

Replies

• schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    So sorry you are having a hard time.... I just moved to my Fiances place in August... and don't think of coming here he has his pantry full of chips and chocolate about 7 tubs of ice cream in the deep freezer, never mind the upstairs one... that way if he wants a snack it is there...
    Mr. can eat what he wants and not gain much... is 5'9 and 170 lbs... oye...

IT is a struggle but then again I don't care much for sweets... unless I am pmsing

I wish you all the best... have you tried explaining to him that is bothers you?
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I try and try to stick to my diet. The other night my husband went to Rush's. I told him not to get me anything I ate my Lean Cusine while he was gone. Well, he ended up bringing me back a hot dog basket with a Lg sweat tea. I was so mad!! He said don't eat it. Yeah like it's that easy. Especially, when I can smell it and he is eating it. I managed not to drink the tea or eat the hotdog but I did kill the fries. Then he'll go to the grocery store and bring me back a candy bar or he just bought some oreos and other cookies. He keeps saying just don't eat it... Whatever!!
  • implodingsporks
    Options
    I had a similar issue with my family. What I did was I bought myself snacks that were less in calories and fat that I still loved, so when they ate poorly, I could eat those. For example, I got 60 calories puddings with light whipped cream, which is only 15 calories per serving. Or i'd get baked chips when they ate french fries, or baked fries, etc. There are a lot of options, and if your husband won't stop, you need to be strong and get your own better-for-you snacks.
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My Charmer eats whatever he wants, and a lot of it. Last night as he was eating a small 3 meat pizza. I told myself that eating even a slice of that pizza was not a part of getting where I want to be. I got on my laptop and wedding dress shopped. It was an eye opener to see the same dress with skinny girls next to the ones in the dresses with the W next to the size. I don't want to be a W.

It is used A LOT in the weight loss world "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels." I wouldn't know what skinny feels like but I do know how it feels to be 15 pounds less than I am right now because I lost then gained it back in like a month. I feel disgusting. The muffin top on my pants again is going to keep me from the junk & keep my butt in the gym.

I suggest to everyone asking about willpower to read this: http://www.intense-workout.com/cravings.html

Good luck!!!
  • annie9696
    Options
    Leave the room or ignore him when that happens. Sometimes I'll go to another room to watch tv or do something to keep myself occupied. I also buy lower fat items or portion controlled stuff like skinny cow ice cream or 100 calorie packs of chips/snacks. For me derailing once in a while is invetiable, so I just enjoy it when it does happen then get back on the tracks. Good luck!
  • handy05
    handy05 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great idea! implodingsporks, Agree 100%!
  • joannec2011
    Options
    That's a very tough situation... like my job, snacks everywhere, especially sweets, my downfall. I'll do good one week and sabotage the next. I'm not one that can have a handful of m&m's, I have to keep going back for more.

I did bring my dark chocolate covered almonds which I can control but sometimes you just want that darn doughnut or two. There has to be an easier way. I felt if I told myself that I can have what I want on the weekend then I won't feel as if I am sabotaging myself during the week, it doesn't seem to work.

The real question here is, why are we doing this to ourselves??
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should buy something sexy in the size you want to get to. Show it to him and tell him if he supports your weight loss he'll get to see it on you. Maybe then it will sink in for him. :wink: Good luck!
  • poupounne
    Options
    I think it's all in the mindset you use.

Before, when I wasn't serious about losing weight (I wasn't ready to make the full commitment to the efforts) I craved the junk like there was no tomorrow. I felt like I was punishing myself by denying myself these "treats." And once I fell off the bandwagon, I thought to myself that I'd failed so it was easy to fall back into eating crap.

This time around, I'm finding I don't WANT to eat junk - it is completely unappealing, especially in comparison to the numbers on the scale going down or my clothes fitting looser. If I fall off the bandwagon, I know that tomorrow is another day and I want to get back on.

Your mileage may vary, but I had to change the way I think about food. When Hubby craves McDonald's, he's not sabotaging me, he's allowed to want what he wants. In that moment, I have to figure out if what I want is the instant gratification of junk, or the long term satisfaction of choosing my goal. I feel like I punish myself when I don't feed my body good stuff.

Anyways. Failing that, communication is always the key. If it were my hubby, I'd talk to him about how I feel when he does that, about how I want to get healthier so that we can spend many more years together and how I would really appreciate his support,

Good luck with your journey :)