Plateau):

Options
I've been at the same weight for almost 2 weeks and I really want to see more progress. Im at 130 5'7 and I really want to reach my goal weight of 115 eventually. I'm very active, and I eat at much as I can without feeling sick. I drink tons of water, and I never eat sugar or excess fat. Please help):

Replies

• sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Based on a quick glance of your food diary, you are not getting enough calories. Your body may be in "starvation mode." You would likely see more progress if you would meet your suggested calories. If eating adequate food makes you feel sick, maybe you would consider seeing a doctor or nutritionist. Good luck! All the best.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I've been at the same weight for almost 2 weeks and I really want to see more progress. Im at 130 5'7 and I really want to reach my goal weight of 115 eventually. I'm very active, and I eat at much as I can without feeling sick. I drink tons of water, and I never eat sugar or excess fat. Please help):

are you sure your mentality about the entire process and your goals are healthy? it sounds like you're on a slippery slope with eating so little and having such a low goal weight for your height.
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My opinion is you are not eating enough. I would never have lost a lb if I ate like that.You need to eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks.You should eat every 3 hrs. You don't need t eat a lot just eat. aren't you hungry??I would be starving!! Good Luck
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You need to eat all your calories. When I first started I thought less was better, but I have come to realize that eating all my calories or maybe 100 more is what does the trick. I was stuck for a couple of weeks as well plus then I gained 2 lbs. I started at 132 went up to 134 I'm finally down to 126 after 62 days on MFP. My goal is about 118 and I'm 5'5, 42 years old.
    Hope this helps!

Tracy
  • Thank you guys! I went and ate 400 more calories haha. I guess I was hungry(:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    My opinion is you are not eating enough. I would never have lost a lb if I ate like that.You need to eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks.You should eat every 3 hrs. You don't need t eat a lot just eat. aren't you hungry??I would be starving!! Good Luck

One doesn't NEED to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day to lose weight. I've lost weight on 3 meals a day. How is it that some prisoners go in overweight then come out lean? Do they eat 5 times a day?