My lunch today - yummy and healthy

Options
idauria
idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
I made myself a crustless quiche for lunch today. I whisked 3/4 cup of liquid egg whites(not egg substitute) and 4 whole eggs. Then I added an ounce of virginia ham and 3 wedges of Babybel light swiss cheese. I also added roughly torn baby spinach leaves(about a cup). I mixed and poured into a pie plate and baked at 375 for 35 mins. It was awesome. Here are the stats if you make 4 servings:

Per Serving
129 cals
2 grams of carbs
5 grams of fat
11 grams of protein
1 gram of sugar
1 gram of fiber

I ate two servings. Still not bad for a whole meal!

Replies

• kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious!
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    YUM!

And you could play with the fixings too. I like bell pepper, feta, spinach and onion :bigsmile:
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    sounds delish!! May try that for a light lunch this weekend!
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    Yum. I've done a similar recipe only put it into a muffin pan for individual quiches. Thanks for reminding me :smile:
  • bethanyarin
    Options
    Mmmm... that sounds so good! Thanks for sharing!
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • sweets2001
    Options
    That sounds good!
  • Ballard12
    Ballard12 Posts: 109
    Options
    Bump
  • WalkTheTalk
    Options
    Sounds delish!
  • ladybugss
    ladybugss Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    yummy
    I made myself a crustless quiche for lunch today. I whisked 3/4 cup of liquid egg whites(not egg substitute) and 4 whole eggs. Then I added an ounce of virginia ham and 3 wedges of Babybel light swiss cheese. I also added roughly torn baby spinach leaves(about a cup). I mixed and poured into a pie plate and baked at 375 for 35 mins. It was awesome. Here are the stats if you make 4 servings:

Per Serving
    129 cals
    2 grams of carbs
    5 grams of fat
    11 grams of protein
    1 gram of sugar
    1 gram of fiber

I ate two servings. Still not bad for a whole meal!

yummy
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I'll have to pick up spinach this week. My chickens are providing plenty of eggs. Did I get it right--this makes 4 servings?
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I'll have to pick up spinach this week. My chickens are providing plenty of eggs. Did I get it right--this makes 4 servings?

It all depends on how many wedges you cut. I just divided the pan by 4 and it makes 4 nice size wedges. Since it's low cal it's ok to have a big slice!
  • Cmon78
    Cmon78 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!