HELP MY KNEES HURT!

Options
DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR KNEES HURTING AFTER OR DURING WORKING OUT? I DONT NORMALLY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY KNEES EXCEPT THEY MAKE CRACKING NOISES ALL THE TIME WHEN I WALK UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS. BUT THEY ARE ACTTUALLY SORE AND HURTING SINCE I HAVE BEEN DOING 30DS & 6WEEK6PACK. IF ANYONE ELSE IS HAVING OR HAD THIS PROBLEM CAN U TELL ME WHATS WRONG AND WILL IT GO AWAY. IM 40, 5'2 , AND WEIGH 160 IF THIS HAS ANY THING TO DO WITH IT.

Replies

• deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    SOUNDS LIKE....

YOUNEEDASEEADOCTA
  • cmjsarmywife
    Options
    I had that issue and what really helped me was to take a couple days break between the 30DS/high impact workouts and alternate with a low impact one such as walking. Don't push it... I am only 28 and my knees got so bad it hurt to even walk or bend down. Take it easy for a couple days and then go back to 30DS.

Also, I learned a stretch to help. Stand with your legs straight and then cross one over the other. Keep the legs straight and about a foot apart from each other. This stretches the outside of your knee and helps so much.
  • mccgivens
    Options
    DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR KNEES HURTING AFTER OR DURING WORKING OUT? I DONT NORMALLY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY KNEES EXCEPT THEY MAKE CRACKING NOISES ALL THE TIME WHEN I WALK UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS. BUT THEY ARE ACTTUALLY SORE AND HURTING SINCE I HAVE BEEN DOING 30DS & 6WEEK6PACK. IF ANYONE ELSE IS HAVING OR HAD THIS PROBLEM CAN U TELL ME WHATS WRONG AND WILL IT GO AWAY. IM 40, 5'2 , AND WEIGH 160 IF THIS HAS ANY THING TO DO WITH IT.

My knees were hurting for a few weeks but now they are fine. I think it also got better when I dropped about 15 lbs too. I have jelly legs now when I'm done workingout BUT I love that feeling because I know I'm getting a good workout in. Good Luck!
  • mewdds
    mewdds Posts: 22
    Options
    I have not done those exercises, but it's really important to have proper form to protect your knees. For example, don't let your knees bend past your toes when doing a squat. I have terrible knees, so I'm really careful what I do. You might want to consult a trainer for tips.
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    Are you eating enough healthy fats? When I started running I had knee pain and within 2 days of adding healthy oils into my diet the pain went away. May not be the issue with your knees but it can't hurt to try and you need healthy fats for your body to function properly anyways.
  • Izzy40
    Izzy40 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm your age and height -- I was told by a personal trainer that it was my shoes that were making my knees hurt. I got a new pair of cross-trainers and the pain stopped. I had just worn my old ones out. Good luck! (:
  • londanfudd4eva
    Options
    THANKS ALL:laugh:
  • kh9228
    kh9228 Posts: 2
    Options
    My knees crack a little too and I'm worried about it cause I have patellar instability and my IT Band is all messed up from a wrestling injury I suffered back in high school. The cracking has lessened over time though I made sure I was doing lower impact exercises and using a knee brace if needed. Losing weight will definitely help take stress off the knees too! But whatever u do, don't push urself too hard and end up with serious knee problems like me. If your knees hurt do lower impact exercises and rest. let them heal all the way before u go again. hope this helped!
  • Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options

Not meaning to have a go at you, as I suspect you may not know 'internet etiquette', but typing all in upper case letters is the equivalent of shouting at somebody. I don't have too much of a problem with it, but others are likely to be a bit sarcastic (I get sarcastic over other things instead... ;) ).

I hope you get some useful information from this thread though; we're all here to learn and get support... :)
  • kh9228
    kh9228 Posts: 2
    Options
    LOUD NOISES!!!!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I had a pain in my right knee whenever i did squats, lunges, etc. I started taking Cod Liver Oil tablets, and now the pain has dramatically reduced. It's the only thing I've changed/added to my daily intake, and it could just be coincidence, but it seems to have done the trick for me.
  • fuzzybear123
    fuzzybear123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am doing both those videos and my knees hurt so much .... I am 4foot 10 inches... 124 pounds. Been doing them a couple months