arm fat..

Options
I've been wondering does your arm fat go away by just exercising regularly like jogging, walking bicycling or do you do specific exercises to slim down the arms?

Replies

• KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    bump. im curious too.
  • Mich170
    Mich170 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been doing water aerobics and my arms are getting so toned. You may lose fat on your arms as you lose weight, however, if you want to 'Say goodbye to the bye bye arms" you need to do exercises with weights.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i have heard weights work wonders..i have a set, but never use them..i guess i better get on it..LoL..good luck
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, it's impossible to spot-reduce fat anywhere on the body. Arm fat will disappear as you lose weight, so yes, any cardio and calorie deficit will help with that.

That being said, toning the arm muscles will make your arms look great once the fat comes off, so keep it up.
  • leopardvice
    Options
    weights! but fat will come off as you lose weight also.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Obviously I need to go to bed cause I thought the topic was "ant farm" :|:noway:
  • fit4travels
    Options
    Obviously I need to go to bed cause I thought the topic was "ant farm" :|:noway:

HAHA
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    good luck. There is no such thing as spot reduction. Wish there were!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    night night:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    good luck. There is no such thing as spot reduction. Wish there were!
    Me too...
  • kp_88
    kp_88 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

That is too funny!
  • kp_88
    Options
    What does it mean when people say bump?
  • kp_88
    Options
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of exercise bike workouts. I do a strength training program which is like 5 minutes at high resistance and 5 lower for an hour. I have started doing bicep curls and lifts and other assorted weight exercises during the lower times...Ask me in a month if it works...but I can tell you that I definitely have some changes to my upper arms. I noticed a muscle when I flex now! now to work on my bye bye arms!
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options

This is when people want to keep track of the thread or bring it back into peoples' minds.

If you right in a thread here, it will appear in you "recent posts" section and then it's easier for you to find.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You can't really "spot" reduce fat from the body, but training with heavy weights will improve muscle definition. Fewer reps with more weight is what I normally do, and it seems to be working well for me.