So much to learn, And I'm Ready!

Options
Who says you can't teach an Old Dog new tricks?, Who ever it is was Wrong!, When I woke up this morning I had no clue what a............" Polar ft4" was and now I want one, A few days ago I read a Story about C25K, and Now I Hope to do one. HRM well, I need one of those too! Untill now I thought the Best thing I ever did for myself was to quit smoking, I have an idea this site may change that!

Hi, I'm 51 years old, While I was having my Thyroid Removed, they found Cancer, That was 14 years ago, I have High Blood Pressure. And I'm Obese, My WII Fit Moans at me every time I get on it,... I Can't wait for the day she says "Great!" I am the Heathiest 51 year old I know. I wear a size 3X Shirt not because it's my size but so I can stay Invisible, I haven't worn Pants that have a zipper in more than 4 years, My Insides Feel Broke at me Writting this on a Public Page, for the Whole world to see. {PAuse......... Breath,}

So Your still Reading?......That Only happened Because I was Brave enough to "Post Topic" We are all here for the Same Reason, I need a Really Strong Support System, I'm Looking forward to Meeting Others Like me, Who are Ready to Make these Changes and Encourage and Inspire, Stay Possitive,..................Lets do this! :happy:

Replies

• ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Good for you - stay brave and strong! You can do this. We're never too old to learn new tricks. Welcome. And feel free to add me as a friend.
  • CassarahW
    CassarahW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You are so awesome for taking this step!! I would LOVE to be apart of your support system. I'm 30, mother of 7, and have 115 lbs to lose. *eek* That's almost as much as some of my friends weigh. Consistency is key, even if you step off track a little keep coming back here, you'll get re motivated to keep going. My favorite quote: "Fall down seven times, get up eight" we've all been there and you only fail when you stop trying. :)
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Yes you can do this! I am seeing more and more of us "older" folks on MFP and we are all getting it done! Welcome to MFP>
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Best intro post I've read in a while. Welcome and this is definitely the place to learn. Of course, always do independent research as well since folks on here usually aren't medical professionals. That being said, this place is a wealth of knowledge and support.

Great job quitting smoking and congrats on making the decision to get other things in order as well. Best to you :smile:
  • Timothytim2
    Options
    WOW!!! Cheering you on big time!!!! Guess what that should help too!!!! I love learning and there isn't a day that somehow or other I don't learn something!
  • TrishKennett
    Options
    If they found cancer, and that was 14 years ago - you are already a winner! Take it one breath, one meal and one day at a time, and we will be cheering you on!
  • msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you All for responding! And also for the Encouragement and Kind words!!!!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    My WII Fit Moans at me every time I get on it

This is hilarious =).

Good luck with your goals!!