Fake before and after pictures, and real ones.

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I always assumed they were just photoshopped, at least the ones where the person is in the exact same pose, exact same swimsuit, exact same hairstyle. For that matter, my sister has an app on her phone that makes you fat in any snapshot... photoshop skills aren't even necessary anymore. Yet one more useless obsolete skill I have...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that this surprises anyone. Clearly, I am a very cynical individual.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Advertisers lie....I do declare (clutches pearls and tries not to faint).
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I gained almost 300lbs for free. :(
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i always thought they were just photo shopped but that makes so much more sense lol
  • karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am not suprised one bit! It's crazy the lenghts a diet comapany would go just to make a quick buck. Where the hell are their morals? I hope they rott in hell for their deceiving ways and means.

I'm soooo glad I never gave into any of the diet infomercials I saw, and even if I was curious I always looked up reviews because I know the advertising business just feeds you BS.
  • adamswife01
    adamswife01 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    suprise suprise....
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    A dear, very photogenic, friend has been in loads of magazines with her shake-based weight loss before and afters. It's all true. However, it doesn't show that after the after she almost returned to the before, because she hadn't learnt healthy eating from a shake and, perhaps, her metabolism is a bit messed up.

So even the truth isn't always the full story.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    "Diet" pills and fad diet programs comprise multi-billion dollar industries. They fake everything they do in order to market themselves.
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    That's shocking. I guess if you could prove that the "before" shot was really the "after" shot, surely someone should be able to sue the company (perhaps even as a class action) for misleading or deceptive conduct (or whatever the relevant jurisdiction allowed).

If they are going to be shonky in advertising, I guess they may as well use digitally manipulated shots!
  • narenn
    narenn Posts: 73
    Options
    Money rules the world...
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that this surprises anyone. Clearly, I am a very cynical individual.

I was thinking the sadest bit is I'm not surprised at all
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Heh, that's pretty clever actually. Not at all shocking, most of these companies are as sleazy and deceptive as they come. They want your money and will tell you anything to get it. I wish more people would realize this.

No such thing as a quick fix when it comes to losing weight!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    oh i have no doubt they lie
    i was looking at an add for a diet product, they used an african american man (men).

and not only did this man lose lots of weight but went from a very dark skinned man, to a very light skinned .

so no only does this pill make you lose weight it will also lighten you skin color (someone shoudl have sold it to micheal Jackson)
  • BradieFit
    Options
    Guess I'm the only one here who has a success story from one of these big weight loss companies? Nutrisystem worked for me. I'm not touting them, just saying I know for a fact their before and after photos to be the real deal. I lost 67 pounds on their food plan in 2007, THEN sent in my before and after shots on a whim and was invited to Philly for a photo shoot weekend. There were about 100 of us if I remember correctly, in all stages of weight loss, with a great variety of stories about how/why we were overweight and all with our before pics in hand. I, along with the rest of the group, was featured on their website for a year or so. Yes, we were paid $500 for going to Philly, flights and food paid as well but none of us were faked or photoshopped!
    What I learned from Nutrisystem, as I've kept off about 40 pounds, was portion size. What I didn't learn was proper nutrition combinations because the food is done for you. But, it was still a great kick start to my lifestyle change, one that has continued in my life.
    I'm new to MFP, and enjoying it thoroughly!, and so I haven't figured out how yet or I'd happily upload my own before and after pics!
    Good luck to all.:happy:
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    And yet one more reason why "products" don't work...it's all based on lies and greed. There is a never ending line of people looking for a quick fix. i know, I've been in that line. That little voice that said "it's calories and calrories out" seemed so dull. It's much more fun to think "I'll drink this shake and be svete, or pop this pill and be perfect". Lies, lies and more lies. If you take the fast way down, you'll be on the fast train back up.

All the more reason for us to perervere, take it slow, lose it slowly but surely and let our brains stay in line with our bodies.

Which is why I think "Biggest Loser" is a pure D crock of BS. One guy this season has lost 70 lbs. Good for him. But he's done it in 3 weeks. 3 WEEKS!!!!! That's ridiculous. He'll never keep it off. Sorry to be a doubter, but I just don't believe his brain is ready for the long haul. And I hate that for him. Life is really not a competition. Weight loss is not a competition. If they wanted to make that show great, they'd keep everyone on it the whole time, not vote people off. Let them all work together, like we're doing here, support each other and cheer each other on. That'd be more interesting to me. Also, teach us more about cooking. Get in that kitchen and show us how to make delicious foods lower in calories. That's the secret. Not some pill, shot or liquid diet....that does fake before and afters. Pooh.

I want to make my own show!!!!!!!
  • Slammmoo21
    Slammmoo21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow....I believe it happens....but its sad
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm the only one here who has a success story from one of these big weight loss companies? Nutrisystem worked for me. I'm not touting them, just saying I know for a fact their before and after photos to be the real deal. I lost 67 pounds on their food plan in 2007, THEN sent in my before and after shots on a whim and was invited to Philly for a photo shoot weekend. There were about 100 of us if I remember correctly, in all stages of weight loss, with a great variety of stories about how/why we were overweight and all with our before pics in hand. I, along with the rest of the group, was featured on their website for a year or so. Yes, we were paid $500 for going to Philly, flights and food paid as well but none of us were faked or photoshopped!
    What I learned from Nutrisystem, as I've kept off about 40 pounds, was portion size. What I didn't learn was proper nutrition combinations because the food is done for you. But, it was still a great kick start to my lifestyle change, one that has continued in my life.
    I'm new to MFP, and enjoying it thoroughly!, and so I haven't figured out how yet or I'd happily upload my own before and after pics!
    Good luck to all.:happy:

I like your story. I love that you're here. Stay around a long time. So many folks here are doing this the smart way, the sane way, the slower gentler way.

As for proper nutrition...just eat colors, natural beautiful colors, lots of fiber too, leaner meats and less salt. Which is basically everything that comes from nature and not cellophane. Start seeing processed foods, even most frozen dinners, as JUNK that should be in a JUNK yard and not our bodies. We are not a landfill. We a beautiful, caring, feeling beings that should be fed beautiful colorful food.

Wouldn't it be great to get a cookbook from 100 years ago or more and see the difference in it to the ones now with all the processed ingredients?
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It's sad what people will do to make a buck.

Shame on the guy and the company.
  • Nikkei1984
    Options
    Advertising is so skewed. When I did my PT course, we were told about Lucozade advertising that their drink made athletes perform up to 10 times better than water alone. What they didn't say was that the study was based on sugar in water. I also hate the mascara adverts when they use false lashes and there is small print at the bottom of the screen that either says styled with lash inserts or enhanced in post production! RUBBISH!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!