Green Tea

Options
I would like to start drinking green tea, but I am not sold on the taste of "black" green tea... What do people put in it to make it taste better? Thanks :wink:

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    The first time I ever had green tea (which is delicious "black") I put some milk in it, like regular tea.

Nearly puked when I took a sip.
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I brew it with a bag of herbal peppermint. It's easier to drink peppermint green tea unadulterated.
  • MichelleHub1976
    MichelleHub1976 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here here, I have Mint Green Tea too, it's quite nice. I also add one splenda
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I usually get the green tea with lemongrass. Adds a nice flavor. You can also buy a variety of (naturally) flavored green teas.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking this and it has worked WONDERS!
    http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=216026477&sellerid=30485430
  • bigbugboo
    bigbugboo Posts: 161
    Options
    The trick with green tea is NOT to put boiled water straight from the kettle onto the leaves/T bag, but let the water cool for 5 minutes first, otherwise it tastes bitter. Slightly cooled water makes it tase sweeter. Honest, try it! :smile:
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Twinings do some lovely ones. Favourites include GreenTea with Jasmine, Green Tea with Orange and Lotus Flower and Green Tea with Apple and Pear... on special offer at the mo ...3 boxes of 20teabags for £2.50 at Tesco!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    In Australia you can get a green tea latte, it looks disgusting but tastes delicious! I think green tea is an acquired taste, I wouldn't put anything in it (no sugar) as that just promotes bad habits. Just keep trying it, good luck
  • workerbee2011
    workerbee2011 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I put fresh mint in it and leave it for a few minutes to brew...lemon works as well :)
  • supergirlsu
    Options
    Twinings do some lovely ones. Favourites include GreenTea with Jasmine, Green Tea with Orange and Lotus Flower and Green Tea with Apple and Pear... on special offer at the mo ...3 boxes of 20teabags for £2.50 at Tesco!

Green tea with apple and pear is really good! But then i like "plain/black" green tea anyways.
  • Michelle_C_
    Options

Green tea with apple and pear sounds AMAZING!!! I hope I can find it locally...