how do i count this (tv dinner minus gravy)

Options
i had a marie callender tv dinner for lunch, but didn't use the white gravy packet ..

should i try to find out how much the gravy may have been or just track the whole meal and move on ..

the total meal is 530 cals and 25 fat (whole thing)
i ate the porkchop, tators, and veggies but didn't open the gravy
:noway:

Replies

• DivaLisa
    DivaLisa Posts: 29
    Options
    i had a marie callender tv dinner for lunch, but didn't use the white gravy packet ..

should i try to find out how much the gravy may have been or just track the whole meal and move on ..

the total meal is 530 cals and 25 fat (whole thing)
    i ate the porkchop, tators, and veggies but didn't open the gravy
    :noway:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    its true you should try to make healthier choices, but I also have to eat them sometimes. I would just count the cal's and move on, or if you really feel the need to get a credit for not eating the gravy, maybe give yourself a 50cal. break. don't let one nasty comment ruin your day, it's not worth it. Turn your check and have a great day in spite of him.:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi hon, I would take off about 50-100 cals for the gravy. It is ususally made with white flour and water, flavoring.

I am proud of you for reading the label, and being aware of what you are eating.

That is a great start to a better lifestyle!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'd count all the calories.

Those pre-packaged meals usually have a lot of sodium so you may want to drink some extra water. :flowerforyou:
  • DivaLisa
    Options
    thanks ladies :bigsmile:

i am going to keep it at 530 .. i dont usually eat tv dinners
    my bad habit was always fast food since it was cheap and easy .. we have been cooking more, but i haven't been able to get to the store, we are on a tight budget

we moved in Dec. and now paying $500 more plus i have my teenage niece living with me,
    so we are on a budget and surunded by fast food places .. one is 2 blocks over and knows us by name (how bad is that :laugh: ) .. i could have walked over there but i didn't .

i ate what was here that i could . i try to stay away from dinners cuz they are small and loaded with sodium .. but some times in a crunch you do what you can ..
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well you do the best you can with what you are given. You arent making excuses. You are reading the labels and educating yourself.

I try to eat fresh as much as possible, but I have been known to eat a Lean Pocket or a WW meal. NO biggie.

Total in vs total out, thats the key!

:drinker:
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    Principal Skinner, standing in the school cafeteria lunch line, responding to something negative he just heard: "Good Gravy!"

Flattered lunchroom worker: "Why thank you! It's just brown and water...."

--Just thought you deserved a laugh. I'm unsure of the calorie totals for "brown and water" myself. Good for you for not heading down to the fast food restaurants. I eat a lean cuisine every day. Trust me, far healthier than what I used to eat.
  • DivaLisa
    Options
    its a white gravy ..
    supposed to be "country gravy"

i counted it and moving on .. i know what dinner will be ..
    hubby is picking up a few items when he gets off of work ...

we are currently dont have a car, so we walk everywhere .. 45 min walk to the grocery store
    is toug (i am in the 290s so walking is hard), we used to walk there and back .. but now i try to catch a ride with my mom when we can but its been about 3 weeks since i made it to the store .. an on my moms days off she has been taking my niece to doctors appts. and my mom has her own dr. appts and so does her boyfriend (this family has been going through alot lately )

plus TMI here, TOM is visiting this week, which is probally making me extra emotional ..

sorry for the long reply . .im going now :laugh:
  • kimss
    Options
    try to start getting out there and walking. start small, once around the block, then add more everyday. go once around the block a time or two and before you know it you will be able to walk to the grocery store and it won't be that hard. it is free exercise. that's how I started. add a little everyday and you will feel your strength and drive to go farther increase everyday. good luck and be strong.
    " :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

There are no dumb questions. We should all feel safe asking questions without feeling bad.

When I started on this journey, I started with eating three pre-planned meals and a snack each day. I planned my meals the night before and did not change anything or eat between meals. At first I didn't worry about the "quality" of my foods, just that I made a plan and stuck to it. Actually I started by eating up whatever was in the frig or cupboard with the plan to not buy some of that stuff after it was gone (things like chips, canned vegetables, soup, and meats, processed food, spaghetti)

Over time, taking baby steps, I made huge improvement in what I eat. Always remember that the longest journey starts with a single step. Skipping the gravy is a great beginning. Just keep on making better choices every day and you will be amazed.

You can do it. Good luck:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kimss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

There are no dumb questions. We should all feel safe asking questions without feeling bad.

When I started on this journey, I started with eating three pre-planned meals and a snack each day. I planned my meals the night before and did not change anything or eat between meals. At first I didn't worry about the "quality" of my foods, just that I made a plan and stuck to it. Actually I started by eating up whatever was in the frig or cupboard with the plan to not buy some of that stuff after it was gone (things like chips, canned vegetables, soup, and meats, processed food, spaghetti)

Over time, taking baby steps, I made huge improvement in what I eat. Always remember that the longest journey starts with a single step. Skipping the gravy is a great beginning. Just keep on making better choices every day and you will be amazed.

You can do it. Good luck:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Your so right !!!!!!! that's the best way to start ...great advice barbiecat :smile: