He is proud of me :)

Options
I have been with my boyfriend now for 3 and a half years. :love:

He has been a bodybuilder for as long as we have been together (I now know he actually started it to impress me :flowerforyou: ) and has always been on my case in one way or another to get fit and healthy, and effectively to a healthier weight.

This has cause rifts in our relationship, because I believe that fat or thin, he should love me and accept me. But he always explained to me that he wouldn't ever leave me over something so trivial, but it's hard for him to see me lead such an opposite lifestyle to him.

There were times where I would've started dieting, exercising, then stop after a month of awesome progress. He never questioned me, but I knew he was dissappointed.

Nowadays, I am eating stricter than he is, I go to the gym more and I am constantly researching to better my program.
All we ever talk about is diets, exercises, routines, muscles etc haha and I really like it. I feel I'm connected to him in a whole new way, and I appreciate the effort he has put into his body.

I have friends who are inspired by me and want to go to the gym and eat better, but do it at 10%, and complain that it doesnt work for them, and that nothing will. I see this and get frustrated, and I understand his resentment he had for me, and feel all the issues our relationship had weren't his fault, they were mine.

This week I changed to a low carb, high protein diet, as I have slowed down recently. This is a big step for me, as carbs have always been my weakness. He has been more proactive/excited than usual, given heaps of advice and tips, as it's very similar to his "cutting" diet for body building.

Thats what I think sparked a message he texted me yesterday at work;
"... it makes me happy to see you training and dieting babe..." :smile: For him, who barely says "I love you" or gives compliments, is HUGE, and definately says to me he is proud.
He later told me that he hasn't felt closer to me than he does now. :happy:

To me, this is worth more than a new body! and it certainly made my day :bigsmile:

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    yay that is awesome and amazing! i am so happy for you i would love to have a guy into fitness :)
  • city_of_frogs
    city_of_frogs Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    yay that is awesome and amazing! i am so happy for you i would love to have a guy into fitness :)

i'd love to have a gym session with him, but he has a home gym, and only he and his dad are allowed in.
    he doesnt like me gauking over him working out haha
  • sassyntat2ed
    Options
    that is so awesome!!!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    That's really great that you've connected with each other on a healthier level. Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!