I'm still hungry, but no calories left...

Options
So, I'm going to bed. I guess if I go to sleep, the hunger wont bother me. I ate 1756 cals today, but I also did a 45 min spin class this morning. I just still feel hungry and it's frustrating. How do you deal with the hunger?.. G'nite!

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I'd loan you some of mine, but I blew it today! :explode:
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    eat an apple! If you are hungry, you should eat something (fruit, veg, lean protein)...the apple is loaded with fiber and will fill you up..try 4-4.5 oz (roughly 60-65 cal).
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I would suggest fruit of some sort, or veggies. I know it doesn't always sound appealing, but it's A LOT less calories and the nutritional value is great too!!
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You deal with it by eating. Duh. If your car was sputtering because it needed gas to continue driving, are you just going to keep running on fumes?

NO. YOU PUT GAS IN IT. UNLESS YOU WERE NO WHERE NEAR A GAS STATION. BUT THIS ISN'T THE CASE.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    If it were me I'd eat something that isn't calorie dense, and log it. You'll still end up in a deficit for the day most likely (I don't know what your MFP settings are so I am just assuming your deficit > 200 cals or so).

Baby carrots, some fruit, etc. etc.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I always have a ton left.. I eat a lot of veggies like broccoli and cauliflower for dinner.. whole grains are also filling and calorie light!
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    just go to bed. you'll sleep great.
  • jenniferpayne5
    jenniferpayne5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just tell myself that the hunger is a normal unpleasant physiologic experience designed to keep me alive.

For obvious reasons your body is programmed at all costs not to lose weight. If you forgot to eat back in the old hunter gather days you were weeded out of the gene pool and died of starvation. Hunger is an evolutionary trait programmed into you to keep you alive, it is a good thing.

However, we have removed ourselves days of old. You are asking your body to do something that it does not want to do, use your fat stores. Hunger is just a reminder that your body needs to eat to prevent yourself from using all your fat stores. If you want to loose the fat embrace the hunger as a sign that your body is doing what you want.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    cucumbers often help me-- sometimes with mustard when i am desperate... any port in a storm

Oh that's disgusting... and hot at the same time.

Mainly disgusting.
  • Soon2BThin
    Soon2BThin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A couple of ideas.... take a look at your water consumption for the day. If you haven't had enough, it can mask as hunger. Secondly, take a look at your protein intake. Like water, if that is not high enough, you may be left feeling a bit empty. However, if you are hungry... eat, but choose a healthy snack. Remind yourself that you have chosen to live and eat healthy... here are some options I have chosen when I've been in your spot... Make a healthy choice and just keep going; it is not worth obsessing over!
    *Apple or Pear
    *Low Fat Yogurt
    *Single Serving of Chocolate Soy Milk
    *Popcorn made with 1 tsp of olive oil
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    You deal with it by eating. Duh. If your car was sputtering because it needed gas to continue driving, are you just going to keep running on fumes?

NO. YOU PUT GAS IN IT. UNLESS YOU WERE NO WHERE NEAR A GAS STATION. BUT THIS ISN'T THE CASE.

Why are you yelling? Thanks for the reply anyways...
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, I drank a huge mug of mint tea and 2 cashews. lol

It passed. I had pizza yesterday, which is not normal for me. So it used a lot of calories and then I was left with none. Just another reason to eat healthy. The cucumbers and mustard is sooooo gross. Although I have a friend who will wrap a piece of ham around a banana, so I don't know which is worse ;)

xx
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    ps. I ate the cashews, didn't drink them... :P
  • E_Cee83
    E_Cee83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    its rolly too late, bu tihave sugar free candies on hand for inbetween cravings, or chewing gum, or i brush my teeth. Provided its not meal time that is... ANd yes, as someone else suggested, take a look at your H2O intake.... soemtimes you are just dehydrated and need fluids, but it seems like you are hungry. on days i drink 3 litres i find myself TRYING to eat.... But hey, if you are hungry, eat... low fat yoghurt, mini protein ba or small RTDr(or half of one) , 25gm cheese and cracker, small fruit.... if you have just begun the 'journey' the first and 2nd weeks are the hardest.... you can do it!!! keep it up!
    PS you made a smart choice as a filler too, cashews are great, but in moderation.....
  • city_of_frogs
    city_of_frogs Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    a hot cup of tea helps me, then i go straight to bed

sweetner, no sugar, little if any milk

at the moment i am guzzling a bottle of water, which also helps, but isn't as exciting

but i say eat when your body tells you too
  • monetsf
    monetsf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest a decaf coffee or tea; works for me; can also go for a large glass of water or diet 7up. Your body will adjust to the lower calories; just remember you will survive and this is all part of the process. Soon, you will be satisfied at 1300 calories. :)
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I drink a few cups of water, then see if I'm still hungry. If I am, I eat raw veggies cut up with some salt (you don't need to add salt obviously) and that fills me up. The more you eat raw veggies with no dressing or sauce, the more you'll enjoy the flavors of the fresh taste. Especially this season of the year! So even if you go over your calories by 10 or 20 you'll feel full and the extra cals will be vegetables so you won't need to feel bad about it. I know that was too late for you but maybe it'll help someone else haha.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    cucumbers often help me-- sometimes with mustard when i am desperate... any port in a storm

Oh that's disgusting... and hot at the same time.

Mainly disgusting.

No, just mainly disgusting. Why mustard, of all things...
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, trying to stick to tea/water in the evening, I think that is key :) Feels great when you wake up and don't feel bloated :) xox