For Girls Only.

Options
I got my Period this morning and will this effect my weight? I lost a pound and now down to 158.8 but how can i keep it from going back up??

Replies

• janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It's not your actual weight that's going up. Don't worry about it, it's just bloating aka water-retention. Wait for your period to pass and weigh yourself afterward. Don't stop exercising though, maybe pick some less intense type of exercising during the first 2-3 days (like walking, pilates, elliptical machine).
  • cookc04
    cookc04 Posts: 71
    Options
    Ah it's actually that your body has been holding on to fluid and has just let it go. If you keep away from salt you should stay around that until ovulation
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Your period will come and go again and again. Look at the long term picture. Are you eating natural whole foods? Are you physically active? Are you loosing weight over the long term? Do you have a lot of energy? You are in this for life and getting your period makes no difference at all.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I hope this helps...I am usually up a pound or two during my period, BUT those one or two pounds are gone by the end and IF I don't give into the period cravings, I usually show a great loss after my period is over! You can do it!
  • monetsf
    monetsf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I say be nice to yourself and don't fret about it; you are also going to get a bit hungrier as your metabolism raises to account for this time of the month. I find that when I am eating light and exercising that my weight doesn't change which to me is more frustrating than not seeing a change, well not as bad. I find that the weight stalls and starts to add one the week before my period. So for me it's 2 weeks of hating the scale.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You're 29 and have been having your period for how long.. and never noticed that this happens..

YES it's going to affect your weight.
    No, it's not actual weight gain and is just water.

You can't prevent it from happening.. it happens to everyone. Just drink extra water and it may come off quicker, but your going to see the scale jump from anywhere between 1-10 pounds.. and then it will come off as fast as it came on.
  • fightingforfiftyfive
    Options
    I say be nice to yourself and don't fret about it; you are also going to get a bit hungrier as your metabolism raises to account for this time of the month. I find that when I am eating light and exercising that my weight doesn't change which to me is more frustrating than not seeing a change, well not as bad. I find that the weight stalls and starts to add one the week before my period. So for me it's 2 weeks of hating the scale.

I have this exact same problem!!! Drives me absolutely insane!!!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I say be nice to yourself and don't fret about it; you are also going to get a bit hungrier as your metabolism raises to account for this time of the month.

This is not true. Metabolism is the lowest during the first week of the cycle (from first day of your period).