How Far I Have Walked

Options
soniams
soniams Posts: 95 Member
My story begins 15 months ago. At the time I weighed 266 pounds. My journey started with small steps – literally. I walked one block and back, huffing and puffing all the way. Next I added healthier foods to my diet and slowly cut back on portion size. I saw progress and my steps increased. Three months in, I was walking 3-4 days per week at a distance of 2 miles. I was cooking all of my own meals, paying careful attention to nutritious ingredients. In December 2011, I discovered MFP and my diet regimen vastly improved.

My exercise efforts have been focused on walking. In November 2010, I participated in a short 3K walk with my dogs. The distance seemed daunting but on race day I proud of being able to go so far. This past weekend, I walked a half marathon. My preparation included stretches of 6-10 miles and I now walk 3-4 miles every day. (BTW, my dogs have also lost some weight.)

I have 35 more pounds to lose to reach my goal. I will say the lifestyle changes I have made were much easier than I had feared. I feel better. My life is fuller. I have much to look forward to.

3313266_4557.jpg

Replies

• wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    Excellent job, keep up the great work!
  • valerierackly74
    valerierackly74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    well done you. thats great.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Rock on!! WTG!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • zoeysmom01
    zoeysmom01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!!!
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Rock on!! WTG!

What you are doing with your marathons are AWESOME!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that, you have done amazingly well! :flowerforyou:
  • WATRD
    WATRD Posts: 25
    Options
    /me applauds your efforts :)

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
    Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu
    Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome!!! And you look fantastic!! Go You!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Rock on!! WTG!

What you are doing with your marathons are AWESOME!

Awe, shucks .... not amazing. I'm doing them one at a time. What's amazing is that I'm buying a bottle of wine from the respective states, hanging my medals on them, and NOT drinking them. That's amazing. :) Although I have to admit, in some states I buy 2 or three or half a case so I can enjoy some.

I'm giving them to my children when I die. It's gonna be one big 'ole celebration of life when I die. I hear they're gonna have a big wine tasting party. I hope so anyway.
  • lms32164
    lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to us all and the dedication to become a healthier you makes me want it even more. Keep up the great work! You will be at goal before you know it!
  • 1myfit
    1myfit Posts: 69
    Options
    Wonderful story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!