EASY 88 cal Cheesecake alternative

Options
driaxx
driaxx Posts: 314 Member
Hey! I came across this recipe online and I thought I'd share it with you, because I often get completely random cravings for cheesecake and this is a great fix. It's so simple even I can make it! You can use any low fat whipped cream that averages about 25cal per serving.

The website I was on said to use graham crackers but in Australia we don't have them so I used Digestive cookies for a while (70 cal each) until I discovered Arnott's - Shredded Wheatmeal Biscuits that are only 33 calories each!

Ingredients:

* Philadelphia Cream Cheese - Extra Light 5%Fat, 25 g
* (You can substitute your own low fat) Dream Whip - Light Whipped Dairy Cream, 10 g
* Arnott's - Shredded Wheatmeal Biscuits

Instructions:
Simply mix the Philadelphia cream cheese and whipped cream well with a fork and spread over one Wheatmeal Biscuit. Leave in the fridge over night and enjoy it as a lovely breaky with some tea :)

Depending on what whipped cream or biscuit you use for the bottom, you have to give or take a few calories. For example the digestive cookies bumped up one cheesecake to 125 cal rather than 88. Play around with this one, you can add sliced strawberries, blueberries or banana at the top - yum!

Replies

• hatravers
    hatravers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    yum
  • Thanks for posting....I'm always looking for great alternatives to foods I love (cheesecake being a big one for me!)....but I got really stuck on your second paragraph....you don't have graham crackers in Australia? That's terrible!! I've always wanted to visit Australia, but if I ever do, I'm bringing my own box of graham crackers!!! LOL! Oh, and If I ever do make it to Australia, I'll let you know, and I'll bring a box for you too! :happy:
  • melmarler
    Options
    I am going to have to try this out. Thanks for sharing.
  • driaxx
    Options
    Thanks for posting....I'm always looking for great alternatives to foods I love (cheesecake being a big one for me!)....but I got really stuck on your second paragraph....you don't have graham crackers in Australia? That's terrible!! I've always wanted to visit Australia, but if I ever do, I'm bringing my own box of graham crackers!!! LOL! Oh, and If I ever do make it to Australia, I'll let you know, and I'll bring a box for you too! :happy:

Glad you like it!

It's true! We have hardly anything here, and the graham crackers are in every second recipe I read online. Oh that would be great I have to keep you on your offer for that! lol :tongue: They're the first thing I'm trying if I ever go to America.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump and i want to come to australia!!!!
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sanrog
    sanrog Posts: 68
    Options
    bump
  • belbel79
    Options
    I LOVE cheesecake! Thanks :)
    Low cal foods here in Aus are limited! lotsof things I read online sound great but we don't have the ingredients or the products... like low cal bread.. that would be great but am yet to find one here in Perth - in saying that Perth is worse off than Melbourne when it comes to choice!

I just keep mucking around with recipes until i get something that works with what we have!
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    LOL Sounds yummy!
    I too am reconsidering my dream of going "down under", if you have no gr'crackers! LOL Want me to send you a box? I sent a case of Faygo pop to Arizona once cuz me best friends hubs missed red pop so much! lol (I'm sure you have no idea what Faygo red pop is, but trust me, it's delish! lol) :flowerforyou:
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, Got to try this.:love:
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing I love cheesecake. always looking for low calorie stuff for replacing all the things I love *smile*
  • driaxx
    Options
    I LOVE cheesecake! Thanks :)
    Low cal foods here in Aus are limited! lotsof things I read online sound great but we don't have the ingredients or the products... like low cal bread.. that would be great but am yet to find one here in Perth - in saying that Perth is worse off than Melbourne when it comes to choice!

I just keep mucking around with recipes until i get something that works with what we have!

Yeah that's true it's hard to find! I'm dying to find some coconut butter and spaghetti squash, it's impossible! Wow is Perth really that bad?

About the low cal bread, I don't know how low cal you're after, but I found a brand in Woolworths called "9 Grain - Wholegrain Bread" that has 50cal a slice.
  • driaxx
    Options
    LOL Sounds yummy!
    I too am reconsidering my dream of going "down under", if you have no gr'crackers! LOL Want me to send you a box? I sent a case of Faygo pop to Arizona once cuz me best friends hubs missed red pop so much! lol (I'm sure you have no idea what Faygo red pop is, but trust me, it's delish! lol) :flowerforyou:

hahaha! :( It's a deal breaker is it? I looked up Faygo pop! Looks interesting! With drinks we're even MORE deprived - I heard a rumour that we MIGHT be getting Dr Pepper soon!

Thanks heaps for the offer but I think I might save it as one of my *things to do* when I one day visit America!! The list just keeps growing.
  • christybrooker
    Options
    There's lot's of recipes for making your own gram crackers! Here's one that I found with a quick search. It looks pretty high calorie but I bet you could substitute some stuff to make it better for you.
    http://www.food.com/recipe/how-to-make-your-own-homemade-graham-crackers-39120
  • driaxx
    Options
    There's lot's of recipes for making your own gram crackers! Here's one that I found with a quick search. It looks pretty high calorie but I bet you could substitute some stuff to make it better for you.
    http://www.food.com/recipe/how-to-make-your-own-homemade-graham-crackers-39120

Cool! Thanks, I'm definitely going to give that one a try!
  • belbel79
    Options

Yeah that's true it's hard to find! I'm dying to find some coconut butter and spaghetti squash, it's impossible! Wow is Perth really that bad?

About the low cal bread, I don't know how low cal you're after, but I found a brand in Woolworths called "9 Grain - Wholegrain Bread" that has 50cal a slice.

I'll look into it thanks :) I was sticking to Cruskits or Bakers delight Low Gi Hi Fibre small loaf... I make my lunches the week ahead for work and freeze them (sandwiches etc) so a low cal bread that is healthy rocks!
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    hahaha! :( It's a deal breaker is it? I looked up Faygo pop! Looks interesting! With drinks we're even MORE deprived - I heard a rumour that we MIGHT be getting Dr Pepper soon!

^^^ I'm in Adelaide, We have dr pepper and lots of other "American" drinks here..
  • driaxx
    Options

^^^ I'm in Adelaide, We have dr pepper and lots of other "American" drinks here..

Really?! Maybe it's just not so popular over in Sydney then I guess, I've never seen a can of it IRL
  • fabulouslythick
    Options
    this sounds so good