MFP Runners Club- March 28th... who's running?

Options
jessmomof3
jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
Join in!

Replies

• jessmomof3
    Options
    Join in!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    8 mile run done!! 2 weeks til the half marathon... YAY!! :bigsmile:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Not sure I consider myself a "real runner" yet, but I'm working up to it. I'm on Week 3 of the Couch to 5K program and I LOVE it. It makes me feel good to challenge myself with new things, and I look forward to actually being able to run in races in the not-so-distant future. So, here I am.

:flowerforyou:
  • puppylove84
    Options
    got in 8 miles this morning! First time I've pushed myself to go more than 6 and I did pretty well if I do say so myself :drinker:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    No run for me today - Did level 3-4 Sculpt of Power 90 and my hundred push-ups. Tommorrow up bright and early for a good distance run.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    got in 8 miles this morning! First time I've pushed myself to go more than 6 and I did pretty well if I do say so myself :drinker:

Great job! Doesn't it feel great to go further than you ever have?? :drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Not sure I consider myself a "real runner" yet, but I'm working up to it. I'm on Week 3 of the Couch to 5K program and I LOVE it. It makes me feel good to challenge myself with new things, and I look forward to actually being able to run in races in the not-so-distant future. So, here I am.

Yep, you're a runner! Good luck w/ the C to 5K program, I've heard lots of people with great results from it!
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    We got up early with our 6 month old and went to the Bayhill golf tournament... we walked for about 3 hours with the baby jogger until he had a melt down and now we're home. No running, but it was beautiful out. Now I just cracked an Amstel lite and I'm going to sit by the pool!!!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'm going running on the tread in a bit. 5 miles is the goal but I'm going to go farther depending on how I feel.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

you GO girl-- don't listen to this woman-- she is a real runner-- if you're runnin', you're a runner.

Training for my first 5k-- so thrilled that I am running 3+ miles already-- too stinkin' cool.

Have a great weekend!!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Got in 8.5 today, pretty good run, it was hot!

~Leash :heart:
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hi runner buds.

Glad to see so many out and about today. I did 7 today. I tried the RunKeeper application on my iPhone today. It was pretty cool. It tells you your distance run, mph, pace, and total time. Now I just need to get one of those arm band thingies, so I don't have to carry my phone in my hand the whole time.

Satelitte - you are absolutely a runner! Good luck with the Couch to 5K program.

Puppylove - WTG on your new longest distance!
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I ran 6.5 miles this morning in the rain, at least I wasn't hot ;)
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    No running today... first triathlon of the year tomorrow morning!!! Get Excited!! :love:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    No running today... first triathlon of the year tomorrow morning!!! Get Excited!! :love:

good luck, Erin! :flowerforyou:
  • girlie1
    girlie1 Posts: 46
    Options
    I ran 5 today, it was one of those days when I had to make myself do it. Now I am glad I did.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I did my walk/run and it felt great. I hadnt worked out for 3 days so I had alot of energy. I missed it so much--I was really happy to get out!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Ran 6 miles today and now both my shins hurt. :grumble:

Good luck tomorrow Erin.