Leslie Sansone doesnt get my heart pumping, still effectivw?

Options
Is it still effective? I did mile 1,2,3 yesterday of walk it off and tone it up w/resistance band for the first time yesterday. Is this maybe just one of her easier workouts? I was planning on doing all 5milesthe but ran outta time. I don't have a HRM, but I didn't feel winded at all.

Replies

• getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I used to run instead of walk. It really will make you work up a huge sweat.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I've never done that dvd but I do have a HRM and I can tell you I do burn a significant number of calories doing things that leave me less than winded. If I take the dog for a walk for example, my heart rate never gets above 115 or so and I never feel winded or sweaty but I'll burn 100-150 cals in a 30 minute walk.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I run it, but will stop and do the leg extensions and stuff she does.

Agreed it's not really something to get the sweat flowing after you're used to working out, but it's a great start for a lot of people.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is absolutely effective if your goal is to burn calories! I do it all the time and get a good calorie burn...
  • fat2fab4life
    fat2fab4life Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    if your heart rate is not up and u dont feel winded then you need to put some umph in it! turn that low impact into high impact. when walking in place you should march in place getting those knees up high.. keep moving and when she is doing kicks and things start jumping off the floor slightly I bet you will be tired after that! Keep up the great work.. overall you are burning calories so u are on the right track friend!
  • Linda_10
    Linda_10 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Honey you might need something more challenging, I use her videos quit a bit.but when I don't fill like It doesn't take much effort.
    I jump into her 4 mile workout!. Or You might need something like Barry's Boot Camp! He'll really put it to ya! :sad:
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    if your heart rate is not up and u dont feel winded then you need to put some umph in it! turn that low impact into high impact. when walking in place you should march in place getting those knees up high.. keep moving and when she is doing kicks and things start jumping off the floor slightly I bet you will be tired after that! Keep up the great work.. overall you are burning calories so u are on the right track friend!

I would, but my knees are still recovering from doing 30ds, jumping hurts :/
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Walking is a great way to burn calories. If you feel the need to do different higher impact activities then you can alternate them. Her program works!! It's easier on your knees & hips & you still get a nice calorie burn from walking.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie's DVD's. It is a good workout to mix in with others. It is a great toning one and some of them get your heartbeat going faster. It is the constant moving that burns the calories so even though you do not sweat a lot you are working a full range of muscles and your core constantly. Some of her five miles have the jogging or faster movements in them, you might want to try one of them. I do not sweat much no matter what exercise I do. But, I can tell the difference when I do take time to do her DVD's oh how my body looks. Good Luck!