Up and At em'

Amber42803
Amber42803 Posts: 143
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! I'm brand new, and ready to lose some weight. I am seriously disappointed with the way I've let things go, but I'm ready for change. I need motivation and encouragement, or else, I'll give up! I know myself well enough to know that. I also know this about myself...if I have someone...anyone to answer to, someone who will critique and what-not...I will be more likely to fulfill my goal of losing 120 pounds!

Replies

• Amber42803
    Amber42803 Posts: 143
    Hello everyone! I'm brand new, and ready to lose some weight. I am seriously disappointed with the way I've let things go, but I'm ready for change. I need motivation and encouragement, or else, I'll give up! I know myself well enough to know that. I also know this about myself...if I have someone...anyone to answer to, someone who will critique and what-not...I will be more likely to fulfill my goal of losing 120 pounds!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member

REPORT TO ME MISSY-

first...take measurements of waist, chest, thighs, upper arms

get a nice 18 oz unbreakable glass for your water and keep it clean and full

take your time but keep active...walking is fantastic to start

keep a good sense of humor,,,this is going to take awhile and it will be easier of we laugh often

read , read , read.....look at about.com for nutrtion

report back to me with questions
    good luck
    Dave:smile:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    you just have to start... you will find your way to a better, healthier you. just log your food and do your exercise and then you will lose, lose, lose... I have lost 9lbs in 4 weeks here. but do remember that if you are just starting to change your eating and exercise, that you may gain a few lbs with muscle increase. So don't get discouraged, just keep it up and withing a few weeks the weight will just begin to drop off. I am set up to lose 1lb a week, I have found that staying withing my guidelines and eating my exercise cal's that I am losing 2lbs aweek. I am so happy and loving it. I even love the exercise now. so go for it and have fun and put your whole heart into it, your worth it.
    :drinker: good luck and have a great day
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome MFP. You will love it here. This is a great site. It is so supportive, helpful, and motivational. Everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • nehamah
    nehamah Posts: 5
    I want to wish you the best of luck!!! My daughter's 3rd grade teacher who lost tons of weight last year and is able to keep it of so far told me "just don't get discoriged, it will take a while". Let's just do it one day at the time! We can do it!!!! It can not be more difficult then raising 5 kids!!! (I admire you for it!!!!)
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    You should join the Over 200 club we will keep you motivated and we have challenges every week.Just check us out on the message boards week 5 is what we are in.
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Congratulations on your choice to better your life!

Eat well, and track your calories, weigh yourself weekly (although I admit--I weigh daily! :embarassed: ) and measure, measure, MEASURE your body parts!

If you like to read inspiring blogs, take a look at mine :wink: located here at MFP (the address is in my signature).

Friend me, if you like. :smile: I am always here to listen and support! :flowerforyou:

~Amy~
This discussion has been closed.