Hi All - New Member, looking for inspiration and loving MFP

Options
Well.... Who would have thought it? Me..... sticking to a diet and fitness plan!
I must admit that this time, I am finding the determination and drive to actually lose some weight after seeing a not so healthy side profile on recent photos.
I know that I will find it harder than most to lose weight as I have an under-active thyroid, which means that I have a very slow metabolism and therefore, makes it harder to do.
I have basically spent the last year, sitting on my butt doing nothing apart from work on the computer which has resulted in me gaining over a stone in weight.
Having moved to the seaside now, having a dog and far more spare time than I have ever had before, I feel that I already have the tools - so why not use them!
I am very fortunate to live 5 mins walk from a beach and also some breathtaking views up on the hills above so this makes my hour power walk every day a joy and not a chore.
By using 'My Fitness Pal', it has basically make me realise how much '****' i use to eat. It is a great tool to have and even better as it doesn't cost a penny.
The concept - I filled in my current weight, height and how much I would like to lose in a specific time frame, then 'my fitness Pal' does the rest.
I input everything that I eat throughout the day and it tallys everything up, telling me along the way how many calories, carbs, fat and protein I have left of my daily allowance.
My start weight last Monday 10th October was 14st 91/2lb which is the heaviest I have ever been in my life. Today is Friday 14th October and I have just weighed myself in at 14st 1/2lb which is a staggering 9lb loss. Some may say that I am losing too fast, maybe I am, and things may slow down over the coming weeks but only time will tell - I am just doing what 'My fitness Pal' tells me to do.
My daily allowances are as follows - 1200 Calories, 211g Carbohydrates, 51g Fat and 32g Protein.
My daily walk allows me to use another 320 calories if I wish, but I am not using these up as I am honestly not hungry enough to do that.
I totally recommend anyone just giving it a go, it's free after all and if there are any peole out there who really 'can't be arsed' or think that 'diets don't work' - just like I did, then this is definately the way to go!!
I will report my stages on my blog every now and the to let you know my pregress but for now...... it's all good!
Thans for reading - I hope this inspires you too !
Big Love
Dionne
x x x

Replies

• lelc63
    lelc63 Posts: 8
    Options
    Brilliant ... I thought exactly the same as you, this app is great and really makes you think ... there is no quick fix but having this support (and free) is fab ... I'm loving it on here and have only been on here 5 days but already it has gotten me over a bumpy day. well done on losing 9lbs ... a great start ;-)
  • murdsmob
    Options
    Thanks! I am finding it quite easy to do and am also preferring to eat a bigger lunch rather than a big dinner and top up on snacks like muller yogurt and fruit. Just had another weigh-in (doing these daily as I seem to lose something every day and it is giving me good incentive). I am on Day 6 and I have lost 10 1/2 lb which is amazing!
    Good luck with yours - whats the target?