Drinking suggestions

Options
Ok, its my mates birthday today and we are all going out for drinks tonight. My question is what is considered the healthiest option drink wise?

Ideally, in order of preference I like:

1. Lager
2. Cider
3. Spirits
4. Wine

I'm not planning on getting totally wasted but at the same time I don't want to undo all the hard work I've done so far. Can anyone recommend a specific drink?

Replies

• TennesseBound
    Options
    just drink water..lol
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    diet soda and a nip
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Just moderation
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet anything is the lowest you can get. I do vodka with diet tonic and a twist of lemon. Last night was cherry vodka with diet coke.
  • Waalien
    Waalien Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1 oz vodka, 3 oz seltzer, splash lime juice
    72 calories according to the food tracker here.

1 stella (11 oz bottle) has 154 cals
    12 oz woodchuck cider has 200 cals
    5 oz red wine has 102 cals
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    1 oz vodka, 3 oz seltzer, splash lime juice
    72 calories according to the food tracker here.

1 stella (11 oz bottle) has 154 cals
    12 oz woodchuck cider has 200 cals
    5 oz red wine has 102 cals

I was just about to say that I thought the preference list was in reverse order of calories per serving. I was almost right :)
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Alternate alcohol & a soft drink (or even better, water!) Check out the calorie info for the drinks you usually go for, and try and work them into your daily calorie allowance.
  • sarahdunagan
    Options
    Vodka and diet cranberry...... if the have it. :wink:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Bloody Marys!
  • Rhiannon_
    Options
    Why don't you look up the calories of your preferred lager or cider and use that to decide. Different styles and brands vary a lot. As for mixed drinks, its often the mixers that add a lot of calories. Regular tonic has just as many calories as soda. Club soda with a squeeze of lemon and lime is great for gin or vodka. Or you could skip the mixers all together and sip on some nice whiskey.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Water with a twist of lime... all you can drink :)

You can get "high" on life and have a great time.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    The lighter the brew the less calories, except in the case of Guiness. That is a dark beer with only 125 calories per 11.5oz. I suggest using your MFP app at the pub and picking a brew that's on tap and searching it. If it's more calories than you were expecting, just pick another and search it. I wish you the best of luck! Have a great time!!
  • alung2k3
    alung2k3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hmm of all the sugestions the vodka + diet soft drink probably sounds the most appealing. I'll have to try that. I was praying there was a healthy version of Fosters or Millers haha!
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Dt coke & Rum,

I personal go for a glass of wine, heart healthy & light.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Hmm of all the sugestions the vodka + diet soft drink probably sounds the most appealing. I'll have to try that. I was praying there was a healthy version of Fosters or Millers haha!

Coors Light is only 105 calories for 12oz! And I think there might be an even lighter Millers but I like Coors Light.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    1. Spirits straight up.
    2. Wine.
  • kristen11joy
    kristen11joy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Miller light is under 100cal
  • alung2k3
    alung2k3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Miller light is under 100cal

We have a winner!!!! :D
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    My go to drink right now is flavored vodka -or rum (cherry is my fave) and either soda or diet 7up. There are SO many flavors out there right now... I used to be a huge bacardi fan. Now that they have flavors too... I'm heading back there. But the bars don't seem to have those yet, so when I'm at a club or out at a bar, for now, it's vodka.

Remember to drink water as well. Most importantly, have fun and be safe.

ps. those extra snacks and appetizers while drinking can be a killer... watch out!
  • Kylesfa
    Kylesfa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Water with a twist of lime... all you can drink :)

You can get "high" on life and have a great time.

"I used to get high on life, but pretty soon I built up a tolerance. I used to seize the day, then I started seizing two days, three days, then I was a seizing a week, just to get the same buzz."