Weight Check-in question...

Options
Do you put your new low the first time you see it, or do you wait to see it 2 days in a row, or what? I put it in the first time I see it. Sometimes it goes away for a few days and then comes back, but I figure if I see it (2 or 3 times because you can never see a new low enough times, LOL!) on the scale one day, I should get credit for it that day.

What do you think?

Replies

• kayleeblue
    Options
    A new low is a new low!! And yes I go by that weight! And yes it bounces all over the place but I still use it! Even if it's only .2!
    I also take a pic with my cel phone!! I have all of them in a file so I can watch the progress anytime I want.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday after stretching and bathroom. What ever I weigh at that moment is what I "Officially" weigh for that day.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Heck yes, I put that sucker in immediately! Then all my friends fawn and swoon over me. It's delicious.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in once a month, so I always put it into the system immediately. I guess when you weigh in daily or weekly, you see smaller losses and more fluctuations. That's what I like about a monthly weigh-in, there is enough time between the dates that I have always seen a substantially lower number!
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I put it the first time I see it. Most people fluctuate 3-5 lbs in a day at least I do, so I don't sweat it! I weigh about the same time each day after doing my exercise and shower.
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    hahahaha:laugh:
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i only record on sundays...even though i weigh in every day. it kinda sucks sometimes...last week i was 252 on saturday, and then 253 on sunday..but i went with the higher numnber. i figure if im only logging once a week, thats the number that matters.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Absolutely the first time you see it. ! It is such a thrill ( at least it was for ME!) that ya gotta share.
  • _runchick
    Options
    I am like UpEarly (who replied here also) - I record my weight once a month... but I do my measurements weekly (same day/same time). I find I have lost numerous inches all over my body - but the weight is coming off slowly. I am running and swimming like no other, so my muscles are getting tighter, therefore heavier, but the measurements are showing me that I am losing... Eventually, the weight will 'catch up' per se. What I love about MFP is that you can add what measurements you want to take of your body and not just use the default measurements they have. Pretty cool. I highly advise that you take your measurements once a week and you will see results in a different way, not just the weight. :smile:
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Oh I measure like 10 things! Definitely a good thing to do since I do strength training too.

I weigh every day but I only post on "new low" days so it's a straight line between them, which I think of as my scale dealing with my awesomeness before it can settle down again and be nice again.
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I started out with the "recommended" once a week but noticed when I looked at the reports that there's a little bubble for each day o I started keeping track daily. The report graph was like a roller coaster but overall it was mostly going down, it was pretty cool because I knew not to sweat it when it went back up because it would go even farther down eventually. Then I started going on trips so I was away from my scale so I could only log the weight periodically. After that, I knew that I could resumed the weekly routine or even the daily routine but what I have been doing lately instead is just enter the new lows whether they are daily, weekly or whenever. I am not to my goal weight yet but I may change the way I do it during maintenance... Isn't MFP awesome? :happy:
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Awesome to the max and BTW you have great taste in tickers, LOL!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Do you put your new low the first time you see it, or do you wait to see it 2 days in a row, or what? I put it in the first time I see it. Sometimes it goes away for a few days and then comes back, but I figure if I see it (2 or 3 times because you can never see a new low enough times, LOL!) on the scale one day, I should get credit for it that day.

What do you think?

I TOTALLY put in the new low as soon as I see it, but I don't sweat it if it goes up then back down later. My weight fluctuates quite a bit throughout the month. Typical response for women.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I record every day on my calendar... all the little fluctuations, gains and losses.

But my "official" weigh in day on MFP is Monday, so I put down whatever I see on that day. I do have the personal policy of not logging any gains on MFP, but I don't remember if I've ever had to resort to that policy.
  • LoveMyFour
    Options
    I put my weight in exactly as it shows every day. If there's something going on that would make it funny (ie, sick) I always note that on my food diary.