Inching downwards

I know that someone has probably asked something similar to this before, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.
I understand that a person can lose inches and the scales not move, but is there a way to get them to move?
I have been basically stuck at 159.1- 162 (varies) for the past month, yet in the past 2.5 weeks, I have lost 8.5" over my entire body, mostly in my waist, hips, and thighs.
My diary is open, but will let you know that this week has been a busy, rough week.
My exercise normally consists of me using the elliptical here at home anywhere from 20 minutes-40 minutes 4-6 days a week. No incline, but resistance is normally from 3-8 varying throughout my workout.
I don't do a lot of strength training, but try to fit it in 1-3 times per week. I use 8.5 pound hand weights.
I also recently increased my calorie intake to 1500 a few days ago to see if perhaps I wasn't eating enough since I do run around some days like crazy.
Don't get me wrong, I am proud to have achieved what I have, being that just last year I was in a size 18/20 and well over 200 pounds, and today I am in between a size 8 and a size 10. I just want to see if there is any way to get the numbers on the scales to move downwards, instead of just the inches :)
I was really hoping to be in a normal BMI range by Christmas, but will take what I can get because I know that I am learning to live a healthier lifestyle and getting a second chance at life :)
~ Sorry for the length ~

Replies

• punkinrn
    punkinrn Posts: 32 Member
    I know exactly what you mean! i actually stopped counting calories and just focused on keeping my sugar under 15gms, it got the scale moving for little bit, then it stopped again. so this week I'm increasing my miles I run, maybe gonna change my route too.