Giving it ONE LAST SHOT - JOIN ME!

Options
Hello everyone!
I am 22 years old and started my weight-loss journey 35 days ago! I started at 194 and I have lost 8 lbs so far. I am looking to get down to 145lbs. I am watching my calories and working on getting into an exercise routine!

I have never been a -normal- weight, always the chubby one! So of the 3000 crazy diets I have been on, this will be my last diet and I am giving it one good shot! I will for once in my life not be the fat girl!

My goal is to lose 50 lbs by March 11, 2012. That's exactly 6 months. The thing that sets this time apart from every other time is that I am not trying to lose 20/30/40 lbs in one month. I am taking it slow and not holding on to crazy expectations that just set me up for failure. My diet plans have never been longer than 2 months, so making myself realize it will take 6 good months to lose all my weight will keep me from stressing out and quitting 2 weeks in like I -ALWAYS- do.

So add me! I'd love to have a big network of support and motivation!

I WISH EVERYONE SUCCESS AND HAPPINESS ON THEIR ROAD TO HEALTH!!! ♥♥♥♥♥

Replies

• pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    i'm always here :)
  • rebeccaME207
    rebeccaME207 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    cheers sweetie you have done great! lets make this happen !!
  • flamegirl72
    flamegirl72 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I am 22 years old and started my weight-loss journey 35 days ago! I started at 194 and I have lost 8 lbs so far. I am looking to get down to 145lbs. I am watching my calories and working on getting into an exercise routine!

I have never been a -normal- weight, always the chubby one! So of the 3000 crazy diets I have been on, this will be my last diet and I am giving it one good shot! I will for once in my life not be the fat girl!

My goal is to lose 50 lbs by March 11, 2012. That's exactly 6 months. The thing that sets this time apart from every other time is that I am not trying to lose 20/30/40 lbs in one month. I am taking it slow and not holding on to crazy expectations that just set me up for failure. My diet plans have never been longer than 2 months, so making myself realize it will take 6 good months to lose all my weight will keep me from stressing out and quitting 2 weeks in like I -ALWAYS- do.

So add me! I'd love to have a big network of support and motivation!

I WISH EVERYONE SUCCESS AND HAPPINESS ON THEIR ROAD TO HEALTH!!! ♥♥♥♥♥

Hello! Add me if you would like! I will be happy to be a part of your support system! Sounds like you have a healthier attitude this time around. Best advice I can give you as you get started is this....don't treat this or think of it as a diet! If you are to have true long term success this needs to be a lifestyle change. Now you are in the loss phase but once that is over you are not "done your diet". You simply slide into maintenance phase. It's not about depriving yourself until you reach your goal weight. It is about using the tools to learn to eat healthier and more balanced meals, working in what you love in moderation, becoming more active.

MyFitnessPal is a great tool to help keep you motivated and on track. And the people here are an endless source of inspiration and support!

Welcome :)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options

Hello! Add me if you would like! I will be happy to be a part of your support system! Sounds like you have a healthier attitude this time around. Best advice I can give you as you get started is this....don't treat this or think of it as a diet! If you are to have true long term success this needs to be a lifestyle change. Now you are in the loss phase but once that is over you are not "done your diet". You simply slide into maintenance phase. It's not about depriving yourself until you reach your goal weight. It is about using the tools to learn to eat healthier and more balanced meals, working in what you love in moderation, becoming more active.

MyFitnessPal is a great tool to help keep you motivated and on track. And the people here are an endless source of inspiration and support!

^^^ I totally agree with all of this!
  • Natural4Life
    Natural4Life Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss journey, remember you can't lose 50lbs all at one time but you can lose 10lbs 5 times =) I am always here if you need support or just a chat.
  • JetzGurl
    JetzGurl Posts: 217 Member
    Options

^^^ I totally agree with all of this!

A do I. Diets have beginnings and ends, this is a way of life. You learn so much on here. Feel free to add me, I'd love to be a part of your journey :smile:
  • Lazlocats
    Lazlocats Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    There are hidden reasons for not being able to loose weight and keep it off. One is being over acidic and then there is yeast. If you take bc pills yeast could be a big part. Over acidic is when you drink and eat foods that are acid and not enought alkaline foods.
  • thefeeferz
    thefeeferz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    BIG thanks to everyone who added me! You are all doing great and I hope we all hit our goal weights!